Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 621885 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Re: What are you playing right now?
It helps if you imagine them yelling exterminate with a Dalek voice :P

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Dance Dance Revolution... again. So icky-sweaty now.

Also tried my hand at Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs. Hokum, I'm sorry, but I utterly hate it compared to Comanche Gold (doesn't emulate the Comanche right, and I'm not in the mood to list every single thing about that) or Jane's Longbow (I'm not getting the immersion of flying three different helos or being in a live battlefield).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Playing tibsun on hard. A few minutes in getting nod apcs tearing up my **** full of cyborg commandos :(

Best counterstrategy is to pave every inch of your base and then add walls. Also, cyborgs are actually more vulnerable to anti-vehicle weapons than normal machine guns, so RPG turrets and Titans make a good defense.

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I know tiberian sun backwards. I actually bunked off school to pick it up the day of release and got a t shirt from Westwood for being one of the first people in the UK to get it. :yes:

I just can't believe how quick the A I manages to produce both cyborgs AND apcs.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Cyborgs are available immediately from the Hand of Nod, and APCs are the cheapest thing to come out of their War Factory.  It's probably faster to actually build the APCs than it is to send them walking over to your base. :P

Besides which, you can build CONCRETE, GREATEST OF ALL STRUCTURES faster than that, even.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
I know tiberian sun backwards. I actually bunked off school to pick it up the day of release and got a t shirt from Westwood for being one of the first people in the UK to get it. :yes:

I just can't believe how quick the A I manages to produce both cyborgs AND apcs.

Ah, I see. That's pretty much my thoughts on Firestorm...
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Played through a few games recently while preparing to sell off some old console stuff on ebay.

Really enjoyed a quality Zelda clone on Playstation called Alundra. It was marred by bosses that took way too many hits to defeat and some ridiculous puzzles that demanded 15 pixel-perfect jumps in a row under time pressure, but overall a fun experience.

Starlancer on Dreamcast featured an unfortunate combination of a boring story that was impossible to get into and some pretty crappy game design decisions. The worst was the final mission where there's an instant death weapon that only targets the player and will sometimes not even warn you that it's going to kill you and it can only be avoided by dodging around large structures but sometimes even that doesn't work. The mission is pretty much impossible, but it becomes incredibly easy if you take the fighter that has the cloaking device (which there's no mention of anywhere). One nice thing about Starlancer was that the control scheme actually worked quite well on the dreamcast controller, which has significantly fewer buttons  than a modern gamepad.

Silver on dreamcast was just a really solid low budget action RPG. Sometimes I didn't know where I was supposed to be going, but it never made me want to hurl the controller through the wall, so that's good.

Shadow Run Returns, the vanilla campaign. Nearing the end I think but not sure.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I freaking love starlancer. The only thing missing was a pc mission editor.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I kept getting a crash to desktop on the last mission of Starlancer, and never finished it.  Might have to install and try again!!
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I freaking love starlancer. The only thing missing was a pc mission editor.
Also, mouse support  :nervous:
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Succeeded  in beating the GDI campaign of Tiberium Wars. Now for the Nod campaign. Just beat the Atlantic Coast mission (the one with three artillery emplacements). Another improvement Tiberium Wars made to the Tiberium series: the gameplay differences between the factions are a lot more prominent.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
started metro 2033.  performance is SOOOOO inconsistent and stuttery. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
On pc? Google optimisation.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Finished vanilla Shadowrun Returns. Will start Dragonfall next.
Decent game but disappointing in some ways. Most disappointing are the weapons which are, pretty much a straight linear progression. SMG that does 7 damage, then 9, then 10, then 12 , etcetera. Only lateral choice is a datajack-powered smartgun. If your enemies are ranking up and your guns are ranking up then what's the relative difference?

Also:
Spoiler:
At the end of the game was supposed to get 1.5 million nyuen, divided three ways. Instead I only got 100K. What the **** game.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Factorio, because it's already worth the money.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Alan Wake
Okay sure, it's been out forever and I've owned it for three years but I've only *just* got around to actually playing it

It's got a certain eeriness to it that I rather like. While most survival horrors you have a general jist of what the **** is going on, but this? Nicely done quote from Stephen King in beginning of game. You've kept to it
"No"

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Recently picked up Wing Commander 3 for free at Origin, tried it out and was disappointed because it seems to forget my Gamepad Calibration during gameplay. So I had a look at their other games they have on there for free and came across Star Wars The Old Republic! downloaded and started to play, well I played almost all day yesterday (until midnight). I think I have found a new game to be addicted to!  :D :yes:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. Damned Orkulus!  :mad:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Alan Wake
Okay sure, it's been out forever and I've owned it for three years but I've only *just* got around to actually playing it

It's got a certain eeriness to it that I rather like. While most survival horrors you have a general jist of what the **** is going on, but this? Nicely done quote from Stephen King in beginning of game. You've kept to it
Heh, I'm replaying it right now on the PC myself, since I'd only played it on the 360 before.  Love the hell out of the game.