Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 614261 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: What are you playing right now?
Working through Doom 3 at the moment.  It fees kind of like a poor man's Half-Life, but it's been fun enough so far.  And while I haven't succumbed to it yet, man, it is blatantly obvious why the duct tape mod is the first thing that people did with it. :p
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:33:49 pm by Mongoose »

Offline Patriot

what server Scourge, NA?

also, i wouldn't advise going down the chinese tankline until you've played the other nations first, so you're prepared for a toned-down version those tech trees combined(the T-34 for example) though after tier 6(7 in the case of the heavy line) will you see the chinese adaptations of russian tanks

Else i would recommend the turreted Tank Destroyer line of the USA, on it myself, having a blast in what most my clanmates/friends call the most useless TD ever. I prove them wrong by winning Clan Wars matches for them in it xD

what server Scourge, NA?

I don't recall choosing a server, so I'm going to assume it's North America.

I'm working my way up (down?) the Russian light tree, saving up for the tier III.

And speaking of tank destroyers, there is one Tier II or III that I keep seeing, that always completely messes me up. From the front it just looks like a box, and rounds just bounce off it while it pegs me in one or two hits.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
It's not really a bad game; it just didn't live anywhere near up to the hype, not an uncommon problem I suppose.

It has a lot going for it -- story, atmosphere, artwork, graphics, music, VA, probably other things I'm forgetting -- but it isn't all that fun to play. The weapons and vigors (replacement for BS1's plasmids) are nothing special, and as the BSI thread here mentioned, the shooter theme doesn't even fit the game all that well. There have been times when I really wished I could interact with NPCs in ways other than shooting them.

This article (warning: long post) covers the problems I have with the gameplay, and Battman summarizes my view nicely.

All in all, I wish I'd gotten it on sale 6-12 months from release instead of pre-ordering it.

If ever there was a game that deserved some type of non lethal take down, I'd vote Infinite.  I found there really were not many enemies in that game that I had any real motivation to want to kill.  I think the temple with the Wilkes Booth Worshipers was the only time I had no issue going in guns a blazing.  It really would have been better served with a more stealthy approach of sneaking round Colombia with limited gunplay than being a cravat wearing murder machine.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Right now I'm playing Final Fantasy X and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

I was playing Persona 3, but after putting in 40 hours of gameplay, I realized that I would need to grind for at least another ~5 hours and so I'm taking a rather lengthy break from it.

Played more than the first fifteen minutes of Tomb Raider, finally. Its so glorious and purdy and awesomeful.

Y U FALSE AVERTIZE SQUARE!
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Patriot

And speaking of tank destroyers, there is one Tier II or III that I keep seeing, that always completely messes me up. From the front it just looks like a box, and rounds just bounce off it while it pegs me in one or two hits.

Ah, that would most likely be an American T18, which is the last turretless TD if you so choose it to be, of course you can still go down the other line, but eh.

It raeps, first time i played it at my buddies house to show him how it's done i nailed an 8 kill TG in it xD

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Gave SW:FC a try today. It was boring as hell. I don't know what's going on, but that may be the first RTS, which didn't turn on my inner builder.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Am I playing Amnesia correctly? I think I am
http://www.twitch.tv/nukedpixels/c/2350850
Because clearly the entire point of the game is to make totem poles out of skulls

Right now I'm playing Final Fantasy X and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

I was playing Persona 3, but after putting in 40 hours of gameplay, I realized that I would need to grind for at least another ~5 hours and so I'm taking a rather lengthy break from it.

Two people I know have been doing nothing but Persona 3, 4, Arena for the past month now
Gotta love that grind
"No"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

T18. 51mm of frontal armor and 75mm derpgun mean it would not be out of place at Tier 4.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Two people I know have been doing nothing but Persona 3, 4, Arena for the past month now
Gotta love that grind

I've started playing Devil Survivor Overclocked (the 3DS re-release, and also my first Shin Megami Tensei game) and I think I may have to do quite a bit of grinding too, especially since I barely won my last battle. I mean, I can put some music or a DVD on while I do it, but it's still a bit tedious. I am interested in the story though, as dark as it is going to get (and I know it's going to get quite, quite dark).

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Just waitin' for a good sale, General...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
What game are those gifs from?

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

I believe Wargame: Airland Battle
"No"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

WALB: What A Large Battuta

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm finding the campaign mode to be...odd, but okay so far.

It does strike me that the preset battle times vs. the starting points/points to win are often highly unrealistic.

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Despite the game being called AirLand Battle, US airborne and armor units in campaign seem oddly devoid of helicopters for scouting.

This is pretty painful to someone who knows where that name came from.

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I've barely touched the campaign, and not at all vs. the AI. My understanding is that the TOEs for the units are actually pretty realistic for the period and place, but I don't really know.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
They might be, but on the other hand there's a US armored brigade in here for the Fortress Oslo campaign and it would have organic or at least attached from the Aviation Brigade helicopters, both attack and scout. Similarly, I can deploy elements of the 82nd Airborne early in the campaign, yet they have no helicopters.

A Feddie Story