Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 617462 times)

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: What are you playing right now?
Seeing as I'm without internet for the foreseeable future I've started playing Mechwarrior 4 Mercs again. With the MekPak of course. A pair of CUAC20s on a Talos is an extraordinary sight to behold.

I'm still having trouble building a quad-PPC Awesome of any variant without it promptly melting after two shots though. That isn't so good because the NPC allies don't know about this strange thing called "heat management" and I'd rather be brawling with the ballistic weapons.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Tenuously playing Resident Evil (remake) with my friend. I say "tenuously," because we are playing it together and only manage to advance the plot about once a week.

Also playing Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. I beat the first one recently, they're such fantastic games.

Almost through Tsukihime. One route left.

And in the meantime I'm continuing with Mechwarrior Online.

Bought a couple of Catapults, and I've been fine-tuning my Misery's loadout. I kind of want to master it, but to do so I need at least two other Stalkers, and those are expensive.
I also bought a Dragon Slayer, but I'm feeling kind of underwhelmed by it. It's decently fast thanks to that XL engine, but its firepower seems weak for an Assault. Maybe it's just my loadout, but I'm really not sure how to improve it.

I'll finish mastering the Spider for now. Once I've done that I can sell the other two Spiders and free up some Mech Bays.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Seeing as I'm without internet for the foreseeable future I've started playing Mechwarrior 4 Mercs again. With the MekPak of course. A pair of CUAC20s on a Talos is an extraordinary sight to behold.

I'm still having trouble building a quad-PPC Awesome of any variant without it promptly melting after two shots though. That isn't so good because the NPC allies don't know about this strange thing called "heat management" and I'd rather be brawling with the ballistic weapons.
Do you still have an installer of the MekTek version of MW4 somewhere?  I'd love to get back in it.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I think we're all currently playing the annual classic "oh God how much should I spend on today's deals."

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I think we're all currently playing the annual classic "oh God how much should I spend on today's deals."

Hehe.  QFT.

I actually pruned my wishlist in anticipation of this sale.  In light of the fact that I currently have a backlog of about 8 lengthy games (40+ hours each), I have my wishlist down to just three titles:  Skyrim, XCOM, and The Witcher 2, and I'm not even contemplating a purchase at discounts less than 75%.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline crizza

Civ5 - Brave New World

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter

Do you still have an installer of the MekTek version of MW4 somewhere?  I'd love to get back in it.
I don't know about Hobbie, but I think I might still have my Mercs downloads somewhere. Not sure where, though; I definitely had them as of a year ago, because it's been installed since I reinstalled my operating system (specifically, looks like the folder was created last July; almost exactly a year ago).

If I ever find the actual downloads, I'll let you know.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Thanks.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Having a blast playing Uncharted and Gran Turismo 5 and Red Dead Redemption.

omg you guys RDR is so ****ing good.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Yeah its funny sometimes it's plain satisfying just walking around on your horse and marveling at the scenery.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Rocking hard with C&C 3 and Battlezone II, because I was playing them before they became "Classic" and "Retro" respectively.
[/Hipster]
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

If you're not on Expert aiming I'll have to smack you

Been playing quite a bit of Arma III as of late with folks
Sa-Matra Wasteland is too much fun

However, you can really tell the game is Beta. Hilarious glitches everywhere
"No"

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Minecraft has ensnared me once again.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
extreme G 2 on the old N64 emulator.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
MapleStory: Mercedes has hit Lv. 103. Crash-levelled Priest from Lv. 63 to 7983.
TrackMania Nations Forever: Re-made custom Singapore skin and played online until I'm within the top 600 000 players in the world.
Descent 3: Created a pilot. :warp:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:09:53 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
So, me, on Steam, talking about my experience with Assault Horizon. (Which, having come into the series here with no preconceptions...I actually find fairly enjoyable. But so short I can't really convince myself it was worth any more than the 9 bucks I spent.)

Night - The Angriest AMX: So, I and my wingman recieve a distress call from a friendly air base.
Night - The Angriest AMX: ...we go over and clear the fighters off them, but we're short of fuel and spending about five minutes dogfighting is kinda trouble and then TANKS and they don't have any handy so it's guns and mavericks time and I'm now down to five minutes flight time and this airbase is the only one in range.
Night - The Angriest AMX: ...so we land, and it doesn't end the mission, and I notice I can look to my left and see, not 100 meters from where my aircraft is fueling, the wrecks of tanks I killed.
Night - The Angriest AMX: And here comes a friendly Tunguska to set up next to my plane while I fuel, since, you know, the area is hot.
Night - The Angriest AMX: And I'm admiring the detail modeling work when all of sudden his guns go active and he launches a missile a moment later and the flaming wreck of an Su-25 goes flying over my head.
Night - The Angriest AMX: And now I'm taxiing and powering up the runway and hoping to god the tanks I can see about 750 meters off the end of the runway don't kill me before I'm airborne and I make it and JESUS ****ING CHRIST FLANKERS EVERYWHERE
Night - The Angriest AMX: The achievement for this mission is called "Hot Pit Stop"
Night - The Angriest AMX: I now understand why.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It does have its moments, certainly.

It's just that for us AC vets, those moments lack a certain je ne sais quoi.

By which I mean utter insanity.

Like flying into a mine, taking out weapons and other fighters inside, and coming out the other end.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
If I'd paid full price for this I'm pretty sure I'd have been ready to murder people about this game anyways, honestly. The length would have a lot to do with it (sure did with my hatred for Halo 4), but so would the noticeable flaws. And the fact I only got to fly the B-1 once.

Because I don't think they realized how dangerous it was to give me something with enough bombs for every house in the ZIP code.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline crizza

Still playing Xcom on easy, 'cause it's my first game of this genre.
While the game is certainly entertaining and addictive, it punishes mistakes, such as thinking a downed UFO-transport cannot certainly have anything left after killing several advanced floaters, Mutons, berserkers...and then your colonel sniper runs straight into a trio of crysalids. While I managed to get him out, I attacked the Crysalids with two missiles, the second unfortunately explodes too close to him and bang...bleeds to death 'case I thought my colonel class support wasn't needed and I brougfht another assault...and none carried a medikit -.-