Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613881 times)

Re: What are you playing right now?
Well, will you look at that: an HD version of Star Control II was released a couple of weeks ago.

I think it may be high time to take another spin through that game.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Decided on KOTOR 2 next.  Enjoying it so far (with Restored Content).

My only question is why the hell the rpg character mechanics are so obnoxiously dense.  Makes it really overwhelming during early character creation.  I don't remember KOTOR being as thick that way, but that may just be due to fond memories of the original.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Patriot

I'm not quite sure how to answer that Ryan, i think i need a better explanation of dense on this one

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
found the first secret level in descent I.  what a mother****er to clear.  i thought secret levels were supposed to reward you?  ended up with a net loss of about 5 lives, and i already had all the weapons except for a mega missile anyway. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
So I was in someone's apartment on GTA, and I took a look at the ground

I was somewhat confused to see these outside of the bathroom where someone was showering, so I assumed there was female company
Nope

Just someone singing in the shower with me taking a selfie

This game is too much fun
"No"

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
I tried out StarCraft roleplaying (RP Ticonderoga) for the first time the other day. It's something I'd really love to get into, but it requires a great deal of free time and has a steep learning curve. My RP partners were very friendly though and helped show me the ropes, even if our RP bordered on ridiculous.

It was a Resident Evil RP and I controlled Chris, Rebecca and Leon. Unfortunately Chris ended up dying fairly early on, but Leon and Rebecca managed to hold on until the US Air Force showed up and carpet bombed the Umbrella lab. Somewhere along the line we decided to merge our RP with that of a paranormal ghost RP that was going on at the same time. The paranormal ghosts then teamed up with humans and attack the US Air Force base.

An alien helicopter [sic] then appeared and appeared to have hostile intent towards the ghosts (and their human allies). Unfortunately for the US military and the RPD/STARS, the aliens joined the ghost alliance. However the aliens were quickly betrayed by their ghost allies and the alien helicopter was destroyed. Leon and Rebecca launched an offensive against the ghost base, but were tragically gunned down by the ghost alliance. The US Air Force tried to launch a counter-offensive, but alas, the ghost alliance proved too mighty.

Also, I just finished RE1 remake as Jill.

Offline crizza

Giving Carrier Command: Gaea Mission another spin...at least the AI has improved a little bit.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
Giving Carrier Command: Gaea Mission another spin...at least the AI has improved a little bit.

Is the game as big of a letdown as everyone says it is? I've also heard terrible things about the AI, as well as the FPS component of the game. Bohemia really is sort of a hit or miss company it seems...

Offline crizza

Is the game as big of a letdown as everyone says it is? I've also heard terrible things about the AI, as well as the FPS component of the game. Bohemia really is sort of a hit or miss company it seems...
Well...there are just three types of mission, which differ in terrain of the islands. The AI has improved a little bit since they introduced the patch, the ground units still manage to get themselves stuck, but not as often as after the game launched.
The first person missions...well...thankfully, there are only a handfull of them, but they are a pain in the ass. Something as basic as jumping is not possible, I had to restart several missions, where I became stuck. You're basicly running around large islands, shoting stuff with you basic SMG, nothing realy happens apart of sneaking around fortified positions and so on.
But then again...you have to like the game, I bought it because of the potential, which this game sadly did not reach.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Just made my first mwo drop in about six months.  HBK-4P still rocks out :D
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline crizza

Mymy...playing MWO as well...had one game with my light Trail Mech...think it was a Spider... last mech standing and managed to kill something bigger than me...last match my spider was shredded while I circled a heavier opponent...while the circling went well, I was ripped apart by missiles -.-

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
Spent about 3 hours grinding in Persona 3. And despite spending about 2 of those 3 hours searching for a single item in Tartarus for a quest, I still couldn't find it. I also still have a ton of combo moves I need to do for quests. Why? Why must you torment me so?

/perfectionist

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance

yes
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:13:58 pm by FlamingMamba »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm playing "dig pictures out of the internet for a posting about the battle of Surigao Strait", otherwise known as nothing.

Or I was.

Now it's time to log in to MWO.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
Civilization II

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
found the first secret level in descent I.  what a mother****er to clear.  i thought secret levels were supposed to reward you?  ended up with a net loss of about 5 lives, and i already had all the weapons except for a mega missile anyway. 

Ah, Fusion Hulks. Be careful at that first door!

Wait until you get to Secret Level 3. If Secret Level 1 made you grumble, Secret Level 3 will make you cry.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Hopped into Batman: Arkham Asylum again, since it was just updated to remove the soon-to-be-killed GFWL.  Now the achievement whore in me has to recreate my 100% list in Steam.

Currently i try to complete my first JRPG ever. I tried Final Fantasy VII and Chrono Trigger in the past a few times, but i hate these random fights back then, after every step i had to fight another bunch of enemies. The only other game i was able to complete that share JRPGs elements was Kingdom Hearts...

The game for this try is Okage: Shadow King for the Playstation 2.

I am near at the end of Chapter 3 of this game and i have to say. I like it ^^, because there are no surprise attacks and you can always see and evade the enemies. Also i like the characters and the humor in this game. Even it has a translation that is worse than my english *g*.
Because i already spend much more time than in all CT and FF7's tries combined, i am sure, that i will actually able to beat this game :).
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Currently i try to complete my first JRPG ever. I tried Final Fantasy VII and Chrono Trigger in the past a few times, but i hate these random fights back then, after every step i had to fight another bunch of enemies.
Huh?  I completely understand that sentiment for FF VII, but Chrono Trigger doesn't have any random battles whatsoever.  That's one of the main reasons I hold it in such high regard.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
The Stanley Parable remake. Totally worth the money.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.