Author Topic: So...Act 4?  (Read 10391 times)

If it goes unfinished I'll probably just man up, make some practice campaigns (already made some headway on that part), then try to finish it myself.

Well that would be just nice! But really, do you think you could finish it? I mean, there's wwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much stuff to be done yet... for just one guy (if I got it right).

Offline Axem

We're dying to finish BP, but we've got things like jobs and kids and other FreeSpace mods to take care of. Progress comes and goes in spurts.

I mean just look at this top sekret SVN log window!

(Let the ridiculous speculation on the log messages begin!)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
 :wtf:  cockbadger?  :wtf:

Also good to see that you're giving the SCP a run for their money with meaningful commit log entries :D
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Now that I think about it, I gotta ask... Is it pronounced GEF or JEF?

Offline Axem

I am fairly certain the reason there are so many gef factions is because they all have their own way of pronouncing it. Kostadin says jeff, Greenfly says ghef, the Mooninites say gaeff and so on.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Now that I think about it, I gotta ask... Is it pronounced GEF or JEF?

It's pronounced like gif.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Cockbadger.............

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
By some random definition in Urban Dictionary, I am inclined to believe it's a "what if?" Laporte/Simms slashfic briefing.

Hodor.

Anyway, I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who's got weird/wacky commit messages :P

I wonder how much information can be reconstructed from that blurred line.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'am more worried about the Progress of the Voice Acting...

I'd really love to see VA finished, but it's pretty ****ed right now.  :(

As for the mod as a whole...I doubt I'll ever be able to work on it full-time again, but one way or another, the story will be completed. The rest of the team is still making progress, and if the time ever comes, we can just write the remainder of the story up in a forum post or three.

Offline Darius

All else fails I'll record my voice for every uncast line and pitch-shift up for the female parts.

And with that threat hanging over everyone's heads I expect a flurry of activity now.

the threat would hold more weight if you threatened to do a falsetto
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Welcome back General

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Battuta, welcome back!
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

I first played this mod near the end of 2010.  I was a senior in high school.  At that point only act two was released.

I am a junior in college now and now act 3 has only just been released.

Why do I get the feeling that by the time this mod is completed, Half-Life 3 will be out, I will be about two years out of college, and this mod still won't be fully voiced yet?

Offline QuakeIV

• test
I first played this mod near the end of 2010.  I was a senior in high school.  At that point only act two was released.

I am a junior in college now and now act 3 has only just been released.

Why do I get the feeling that by the time this mod is completed, Half-Life 3 will be out, I will be about two years out of college, and this mod still won't be fully voiced yet?

Because thats exactly whats going to happen.

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
Well, why not? Blizzard is doing it with Starcraft 2, too. But they just do it to make more cash. The BP team does it because they want to show their progress. And they deliver awesome work. Blizzard delivers story crap.

Offline Frak_Tastic

• Giggity Giggity Fracker!
Well, why not? Blizzard is doing it with Starcraft 2, too. But they just do it to make more cash. The BP team does it because they want to show their progress. And they deliver awesome work. Blizzard delivers story crap.

^^ What this guy said.  You could always contribute...voice acting is always in need.