Author Topic: GTF Hercules Mk III  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
GTF Hercules Mk III
Why does Inferno's high-poly model only have four primary hardpoints? You're killing me here, Woomeister.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Re: GTF Hercules Mk III
Is missile boat. Use missiles.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Since the original Hercules had 6 primaries, the Herc mk. II had 4, then the Herc Mk. III should logically have 2, to follow the pattern.

Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Since the original Hercules had 6 primaries, the Herc mk. II had 4, then the Herc Mk. III should logically have 2, to follow the pattern.

**** fam, he right. Face pls.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
But the Herc III this is based on, this one by Hamano, has eight. And that's what I wanted to use. :(
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Hamano also did another fighter that looks a lot cooler than the Herc III, but it was never released. :sigh:

Offline CT27

From what I read in the tech room of Nostos:

Spoiler:
It looks like the Alves, whenever we get to use it, will be the 'gunboat' (8 guns) fighter of the campaign.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
We reduced the gun points on the Herc III from 8 to 4 for balancing; no point giving the player a heavy fighter with 8 mounts early in the campaign.  Instead we want the player to carry Hurricanes and/or Hornets and use the Herc III as a missile platform, as Rhymes pointed out earlier.  The Alves will be the heavy fighter for the mid-campaign.

R

EDIT:
Hamano also did another fighter that looks a lot cooler than the Herc III, but it was never released. :sigh:

Are you talking about this?

R
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 08:45:11 pm by Rampage »

^Exactly this. I've found pics on Hamanos website ( http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/~hamano/TEMP/ , look for files that start with "The"), but I've never seen a download link to the Theseus. Detail wise it'd outdated by now, but the design is pretty IMO.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
We reduced the gun points on the Herc III from 8 to 4 for balancing

BALANCING? I thought this was Inferno, the mod synonymous with More Dakka. Don't you have a bomber with ten gunpoints? I expect to start in an Erinyes and go bigger from there.

(This is all good-natured ribbing btw, you folks did a great job.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 01:02:47 am by Galemp »

Well, the GTF Ladiel (OTT) and the GTF Keres (INFR1) have 16 primary mounts each. Do you want to start a balancing contest?