Author Topic: Add an option "attack the wing of my target" or "protect the wing of my target"  (Read 1511 times)

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
Add an option "attack the wing of my target" or "protect the wing of my target"
Hi, I had an idea and post it to the General Freespace Discussion (the original topic is http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=70421.0)

This idea is to add an option to the command menu like "attack the wing of my target" or "protect the wing of my target". As all of the numbers are already taken from 0 to 9, it could be accessible by the alt key, for example C, 3, then alt+1 for "attack the wing of my target".

It would be useful to order a wing to attack a particular wing (for example, intercepting a particular wing of bombers ; it could be done by "protect my target" too, but only if the bomber wing are close to the cruiser). "Protecting the wing of my target" would be useful too, for example to order fighters to protect a wing of bombers.

This kind of order is already in the game (in some fs2 or fs1 missions, some fighters already have orders like "Protect Alpha wing", but I don't know about attacking a wing), so I think the great part of coding would be adding a new key for the command option.
Note that PgUp and PgDown could be used too, even it would be worst than the other option.

Well, what are your opinion about it ?

Re: Add an option "attack the wing of my target" or "protect the wing of my target"
Cross posting is bad mmkay?
Also, PgUp/PgDown is preferable to your alt idea.
I prefered the `, -, and = button usage too both but alt-1 is horrible for keyboard users because it effects the rest of the keys in use (cuts them off).
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Re: Add an option "attack the wing of my target" or "protect the wing of my target"
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities