Author Topic: HTL Lilith  (Read 12300 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Actually 4 is more Shivan for me.

Ravana
Rakshasa
Sathanas

True that.
But the Cain/Lilith have 3 arms...(and 3 dots!)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Actually 4 is more Shivan for me.

Ravana
Rakshasa
Sathanas
4 is FS2 Shivan, 3 is FS1 Shivan.  Cain/Lilith's prongs for one.  Lucy may have had only 2 and the Demon is a left-fielder, but they all have the Shivan triangle (my daughter's favorite shape BTW).  BTW, I don't think that the Rakshasa classifies as a 4.  It may have 4 frontal turrets, but aesthetically its more of a 6, which is in two groups of... OH, 3!  :drevil:
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I'd prefer to see them without any lighting applied so I can actually SEE the mesh differences.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I'd prefer to see them without any lighting applied so I can actually SEE the mesh differences.

I don't know, I think it'd be easier to see with ONLY lighting (and no textures, except possibly the normal maps)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
If Turret07 model is replaced, great care should be taken not to accidentally alter beam fov. Beams seem to be turret barrel's fov meanwhile everything else uses turret base fov like set in pof properties. While I know very little on this, changing the turret model too much would likely alter beam's fov and in turn mission balance.

For funny trivia, if you use $force beam turrets to use normal fov: YES in ai_profiles.tbl, both Cain and Lilith become incapable of firing at targets directly in front of them because turret base fov is too narrow to do that. Turret07 is pointing directly below, not forward like you'd think.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:33:48 am by Fury »

This HTL Lilith and the HTL Cain are awesome sauces and epic wins in one. I find it hard not to say how amazing they are  :P

Congrats, RGA_Noris
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:29:01 am by starwolf1991 »
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
This HTL Lilithm and the HTL Cainm are awesome sauces and epic wins in one. I find it hard not to say how amazing they are  :P
Ha, ha, ha... I read "HTL Lithium".  Last longer than the Energizer Bunny. :lol:
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
75,000 HP - It just keeps on going!

Ha, ha, ha... I read "HTL Lithium".  Last longer than the Energizer Bunny. :lol:

Typos....I'm bad with them. But haha, if I did mean HTL Lithium, then hmmm....Energizer Bunny better start looking for new career =P

Any idea when this model will be ready to go?  :D
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Great! :)

Two questions:

1) Is it possible to make the armor even thicker?

2) Does the beam cannon really have to be bigger? What about making it look more aggressive, without altering dimensions?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Changes are on the nose and near the top arm.

I could make the armor thicker, but once you add the changed maps I think the difference is just enough.

Also, the new turret07 will appear beefier, but I likely will not make it any longer, because after a certain point it goes from deadly to silly... like phallic silly.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
There's already some kind of seriously phallic wattle dangling under its chin.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
New gun:

We like?
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Yes, we like.
He may continue to deliver awesomeness to us.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Uhm... isn't that U-shaped part a bit unrealistic for a beam weapon? It will end up melting... :nervous:

Besides that, :yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Uhm... isn't that U-shaped part a bit unrealistic for a beam weapon? It will end up melting... :nervous:

RULE OF COOL man... seriously, it looks great.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel

It's made of a Shivan alloy of Win-steel and Epic-iron with a bit of Awesum-fibre.  :D

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?

It's the ion-flux focuser. What it does is take stray meson particle and combine them with negatively charged nano-ions. Those then take the voltage and send it to the techno-neuro interface, where it divides said voltage amount into two seperate  flurgin pipelines. The two spiked you see on the sides generate hyper-static electricity by rubbing Shivan Super Slippers on the carpet, which combined with focusers and the resonance of the meson particles creates the beam.

Oh and, here's the Lilith (and improved Cain shine maps):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qtmumwwvymmujjg/HTL_Lilith.rar
:)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 02:47:24 pm by Rga_Noris »