Author Topic: Isn't this a BSG rifle?  (Read 8748 times)

Isn't this a BSG rifle?
http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/64650#msgbox

It looks like the one Athena uses in the finale...

Offline newman

Re: Isn't this a BSG rifle?
BSG frequently used existing weapons, P90s for example (no, I'm not confusing it with Stargate, bsg had 'em too), Beretta CX4, a Vector CP1 (the gun Boomer uses on the old man in S1) etc..
Pretty sure I saw some other familiar guns there too, might have even been an mp5 and some version of an AK somewhere, can't really remember. I'd have to rewatch the New Caprica eps too, the resistance on the ground used plenty of existing, real life weapons.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:43:20 am by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Yeah I noticed that as well.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Looks like its either an M4 carbine or Barrett M468 with a H&K G36 carry handle with reflex site. 
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
In the mini series they used fake guns, but I guess they gave up on that a bit after a while
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline sirukin

Not attempting to be a battlestar "expert" here, but it looks as if even those fake guns were just modified version of real small arms futurized.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
The original Colonial side arm was a heavily modified revolver of all things, this was eventually superseded by the semi auto based version that started showing up around Pegasus I believe.

There is an article discussing this crap to more detail here http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Small_arms

TBH i don't think i would be a fan of that M4 mod, a simple reflex sight would accomplish much the same thing without a big honking hand rail blocking your vision.

Offline sirukin

I just loved that starbuck got hands on with the G36 Kurs.

Speaking of small arms, it would have been incredible if the series had gone the route of bringing in the Magpul Masada (or bushmaster ACR if you prefer) or throwing in an appearance of the MP-7, the Hk416, or god forbid the XM8.

MP-7 made an appearance at least in the Algae planet episodes of Season 3. Pretty sure it made a come back in Season 4 as well.

MP-7 made an appearance at least in the Algae planet episodes of Season 3. Pretty sure it made a come back in Season 4 as well.

Starbuck used the MP7 in the final episode, as well as Caprica.

By the way, what rifle is Doc Baltar carrying?

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Most of the time the show used either H+K G36's or the Beretta Storm

Also for the record no, that is not a BSG gun, that's just an M-4 carbine with a G-36K sights/handle strapped to the top.

Offline tikey

• Not Batman
As I understood, the sidearms in the mini were replicas of the gun used by Harrison Ford in Blade Runner.

Offline Snagger

They used British SA80s with the green plastic parts painted white for the Honour Guard in "Water" (SI, Ep2).

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Most of the time the show used either H+K G36's or the Beretta Storm

Also for the record no, that is not a BSG gun, that's just an M-4 carbine with a G-36K sights/handle strapped to the top.

Really? Looks enough like a Cx4 storm to me.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
The gun in the picture from Unknown Target IS a Beretta Storm.  The gun shown in the link from the OP is an M4.

(Notice how the one in the picture says BERETTA on it)
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
He's referring to the weapon in the OP's post.  He knows that the pic is a Beretta Storm, it's pretty obvious that isn't the M4 with a G36 rail on top which he is discussing.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Oh my Bad.