Author Topic: Orion Style Mainhalls [Original Dev Thread]  (Read 115824 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Man those look awesome.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
yeah they look really good, so what's missing from those to be usable right now?, specially with the Galatea one...only the marines?
el hombre vicio...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Mixael still has to be in their base, modelin' their dudes.

Offline T-LoW

• Planet Earth is blue and theres nothing left to do
    • German Freespace-Galaxy
HD rendering for great wallpaperness please! :shaking:

(but I'm still not confident with the damn Bastion-2nd-Hangar-gate theory :D :( )
The german Freespace-Galaxy

"There was a time before we were born. If someone asks this is where I'll be."

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Galatea needs modelled marines, officers and engineer. Then I need to animate their movement and what not.

Bastion needs wall panels, floor texture, character models and a lot of animation.

Character models are in progress. Also, Cobra and I are still finalizing the wall textures.

EDIT: As of this the Galatea is basically finished except for character models and some animation.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:00:08 am by mjn.mixael »
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Yeh, that character modeling is just a huge pain in the ass.

I hope you manage to get through it.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeh, that character modeling is just a huge pain in the ass.

I hope you manage to get through it.

BWO mainhalls: confirmed!?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 02:13:41 pm by Galemp »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I love the hidden Port credits.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
You're not using the Mjolnir Beam texture for the tops of the barrels? Interesting.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You're not using the Mjolnir Beam texture for the tops of the barrels? Interesting.

:wtf: Why would I use that texture?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Because that's what was used in the original main hall, and it has a few more details than the thing you're using.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The *Mjolnir Beam* texture was used in FS1? Good story.

I'm feeling like the texture used on the top of the barrels adds or takes away about as much overall quality as the thickness of the cables...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Whee! It's in-game! Animations and properly working masks (hey galemp, you were right about the masks being for clicking stuff) not included.

[EDIT]Mask working properly now. Booyah.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 03:05:30 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Kolgena

Lights on the left have really really bad aliasing for some strange reason. Scratch that. All the lights have jagged edges, which is kinda odd if the image was produced by downsampling.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq

I'm feeling like the texture used on the top of the barrels adds or takes away about as much overall quality as the thickness of the cables...
Technically, the 'mjolnir beam' texture is the docking texture (seen on the Faustus, Fenris, Leviathan, Elysium, and Centaur) from Freespace 1.

And I do see where Galemp is coming from, the texture you're using now is fairly detailess when compared to the dock texture, however it is in no way a gamebreaker for me.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Newest Bastion now with MUCH wall details. This one has over 4 MILLION polygons and has to be rendered in regions.

Technically, the 'mjolnir beam' texture is the docking texture (seen on the Faustus, Fenris, Leviathan, Elysium, and Centaur) from Freespace 1.

And I do see where Galemp is coming from, the texture you're using now is fairly detailess when compared to the dock texture, however it is in no way a gamebreaker for me.

Too bad, so sad. You could see the barrel texture way back on page 4 and nothing was said then and as such texture replacement is now out of the question.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:27:52 pm by mjn.mixael »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm amazed that people can even note what the hell texture was used on barrels in the first place. :p

*drools yet again over new eyecandy*

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Too bad, so sad. You could see the barrel texture way back on page 4 and nothing was said then and as such texture replacement is now out of the question.
Yeah I personally don't care either way, I was just saying I see where Galemp comes from.

also the wires are too thick  :nervous:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Yeah I personally don't care either way, I was just saying I see where Galemp comes from.

also the wires are too thick  :nervous:

Also, your naked people are ugly.

:nervous:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke