Author Topic: Cyberpunk City  (Read 15310 times)

Offline Mikes

And guys, considering the age of my 360 and the VERY limited size of its hard drive, I'd be better off getting a whole new 360.

Don't. You'll be worse off if you get another 360. :)

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
And guys, considering the age of my 360 and the VERY limited size of its hard drive, I'd be better off getting a whole new 360.

Wha?

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter

Wha?

PC gaming will make you smarter, faster, and more attractive.  Trufax.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline FlamingCobra

Wha?

PC gaming will make you smarter, faster, and more attractive.  Trufax.
Yeah but what about the 360 games I already have?
Also, I am skeptical of those "facts."

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Feel free to ignore the fanboys, FlamingCobra.  If they want to miss out on fun stuff that happens to only be released on consoles, their loss. :p

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hmm, I prolly wouldn't mind consoles if they allowed me to hook up my regular KB + mouse and play that way.  ... Or do they?  My bro is supposed to be mailing me his extra 360 when he gets a chance; so I guess I'll find out then.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
A few games might, but to be perfectly honest, there are any number of genres where a gamepad simply works out as a better control scheme.  Platformers and third-person action games tend to be rather awkward with WASD+mouse, at least in my experience.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Sure, but then I can always plug in my controller.  I actually had a XBOX-360 controller for my PC until a few months ago, and probably will again in the future.  It's nice for playing Crysis, however, I don't like trying to snipe with the darn thumbstick... accuracy suffers.  :doubt:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
True, but again, there are a number of terrific franchises out there that are console-exclusive.  Said exclusivity may sometimes be annoying, but it does mean that you need to buy a certain console if you want to play its titles.

Offline Mikes

True, but again, there are a number of terrific franchises out there that are console-exclusive.  Said exclusivity may sometimes be annoying, but it does mean that you need to buy a certain console if you want to play its titles.

Like uh... FSO? :) or Civilization5, Galciv2, the Witcher2 etc... exclusivity works both ways, so I guess it comes down to what games you enjoy?

:shrugs: Personally, I understand if someone wants a console when they already have a computer, to play some of those *exclusive* titles. But a console *instead* of a computer? I'd be missing out on most of the games I want to play. (And  I would have to endure a consoles inferior graphics and lack of control scheme choice with all games that are available on both platforms.)

Besides... FlamingCobra is in the age bracket where he could (possibly) use the oldest trick in the book to get a computer for free ... (But mommy I need it for school/work! :) )
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:11:53 am by Mikes »

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Yes, definitely get a computer, especially at this age. Not only will you be able to play games whenever you want if it's decent :P , you'll also be able to use it for more productive work.

Offline FlamingCobra

I always try to use a 360 gamepad w/ my PC games. Whenever possible.

Except for space combat simulators.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I always try to use a 360 gamepad w/ my PC games. Whenever possible.

Ew.

I don't care how good someone is with a controller, when it comes to first-person games with any sort of tactical element (as in, semi- or realistic damage modelling), a mouse/keyboard will always outperform a controller.

In fact, I seem to think there was a competition along these lines sometime ago where m/kb users faced off against console controller players and absolutely destroyed them...
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, I'd never think of using a gamepad on a first-person game when given the choice.  The sole exception to that would be something like Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy on the Wii, since that setup approximates WASD+mouse extremely well.