Author Topic: EA Games  (Read 3119 times)

Well, put here any rants about EA.

On a lighter note, I heard that they're turning the Need For Speed franchise back to classic arcade-style racing, which is how NFS 1 through Hot Pursuit 2 was. If that's true, i'm so glad they're stopping that street bastard stuff. I still play the original Hot Pusuit, for cryin out loud.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
The original Need for Speeds were great, just don't drive afterwards, if ever there was evidence of short-term effects of Media, they are it, though, admittedly, The Fast and the Furious has pretty much the same effect ;)

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
They ****ed up my beautiful spore >C

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, Spore was the ultimate example of feature-creep gone mad, the only things I've seen that got close were the Chernobyl thing and Fable, both of which also promised far far more than they delivered.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
They ****ed up my beautiful spore >C

I move that that become Blackhole's new title.

All in favour?

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
And then there's Wing Commander Arena which feels more like DooM than a space combat game, and it failed in the XBLA market.  I also doubt EA will release another WC since Arena sold so poorly.

There's also the fact that Wing Commander is quite unpopular these days...

I guess if they want to make any money at all from it, they should aim it at the hardcore Wing Commander fans instead of the XBLA players who know nothing about WC.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:26:40 pm by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
"I wasn't surprised that Mirror's Edge was crap, because it was published by EA and I am apparently the only one here who has PATTERN RECOGNITION" - Yahtzee (Zero Punctuation)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
"I wasn't surprised that Mirror's Edge was crap, because it was published by EA and I am apparently the only one here who has PATTERN RECOGNITION" - Yahtzee (Zero Punctuation)

:lol: That show is a work of art, and that statement very true. I bloody hate all those movie-tie-ins they've been occupying themselves with

I love Zero Punctuation.

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars

On a lighter note, I heard that they're turning the Need For Speed franchise back to classic arcade-style racing, which is how NFS 1 through Hot Pursuit 2 was. If that's true, i'm so glad they're stopping that street bastard stuff. I still play the original Hot Pusuit, for cryin out loud.

I prefer NFS:HS (or RC elsewhere)
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Bleh.. EA.. don't even get me started (see my rants in the DRM thread) :p

Offline Lucika

Challenge Everything

Ah, I still play that, too. Though HP has some charm that HS lacks...

Offline Lucika

By the way, where can I get it from? I've lost my copy years ago...  :( (by the way, is it possible to make it run on XP?)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

By the way, where can I get it from? I've lost my copy years ago...  :( (by the way, is it possible to make it run on XP?)

Compatibility mode should work

Compatibility mode should work

AFAIK, it works without compatibility mode, only be prepared to run on software rendering, as 3d setup can not handle modern cards very well. However, there are some patches on nd4spdworld.com and nfscars.net wich can fix this.

They also have some cool other stuff :P.

'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

EA games....

Anyone remember this?

Yup, have it.

It was done by JCS though.. like WWII Fighters and the Longbow series.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
EA games....

Anyone remember this?

Yup, have it.

It was done by JCS though.. like WWII Fighters and the Longbow series.

Ahh yes, the good old days. I actually played WWII Fighters up until 2006-ish.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
EA is more or less Evil Incarnate.

Bioware still retains some independence, but I really don' know for how long.

First, DA was going to be a PC exclusive...but EA came in so it was announced it will come on consoles too, altough later. Now they announced DA's release date is pushed back to coincide with the console version release date (8 friggin months!)
The devs did say that do need extra time to polish the game, possibly even put back in some content that was cut..I get that...but 8 months?

Ea wasn't to save money by having the marketing for boht version done at the same time.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!