Author Topic: A review of Blue Planet  (Read 6096 times)

Re: A review of Blue Planet
 I don't understand how anyone could play a campaign listening to Microsoft Sam or Mary or Anne. It's so much better to read the text and hear the voices in your head. Yes it gets hard to keep up sometimes but you know what that's why the Lords of Kobol invented the F4 key.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
So say we all.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Mikes

Hey Mikes, on the Shivan front, you might be interested to know that Darius has said the Shivans don't have a 'leader': that was more of a collective will or force expressing itself. And it could just as easily have withdrawn to plan its revenge rather than to sulk.

Then my objection would be with the presentation i guess. It just came across as borderline silly in my opinion.
If the above was the stated goal, then i would guess an "ancient monologue" adressing the Shivans would have worked much better.

I don't understand how anyone could play a campaign listening to Microsoft Sam or Mary or Anne. It's so much better to read the text and hear the voices in your head. Yes it gets hard to keep up sometimes but you know what that's why the Lords of Kobol invented the F4 key.

I just completed Transcend for the first time a few days ago, and I used the MS for the briefing logs. It made it horribly eerie in places such, "Am I GoInG mAd?"