Author Topic: Editor saving issues  (Read 1935 times)

I want to create a MCO campaign for my MWO RP unit, the Robinson Rangers (and make it avaliable to the rest of the community as well).  I have had the mission layout planned out for months now and finally got started on it, or so i though, after i downloaded version 240.  Well i get the first mission set up with all the mechs and vehicles and buildings and bells and whistles that i thought would be appropriate.  Well i went to click save to do some fine tuning later and *DERP* the editor crashes when i went to save it.  3 hours of work and attention to detail gone in the snap of a finger. 

Well i did what anyone would do, i hit the forums.  I downloaded what ever i thought would help with my issue but i am still getting the crash on save.  Is this a know issue or recent?

Oh, i am running Windows 7 if that helps.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Have you also installed the XNA-Build as it has been descriped within the download description ?

While MCO runs without the XNA, the editor doesn't unfortunately, and it needs XNA to save.

If you want to use the editor, you will have to also install the XNA build for the editor (extract xna build and don't dbl click XNABuildSetup.exe. Dbl click XNA Build System.msi. It will install and report an error in the end about something missing. Just finish the install and it will be OK.
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=868fe562-5ded-4bb1-8648-708d3481bda3&displaylang=en)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

I couldn't have swore I did. The link seems familiar.  I'll try and download it again and get back to ya's on it.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Note the install instructions. Do not click the setup, just run the *.msi file. And Ignore the errormessage at the end
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.