Author Topic: Looking for a Freespace campaign to play  (Read 221 times)

Offline PVD_Hope

• A Typhon-class destroyer.
Looking for a Freespace campaign to play
Hey all! I'm out of money for new video games, so I'm looking for a mod to play. I'm looking for something that's not too intense (since I'm a noob and need to relax) and preferably something that focuses on atmosphere/story rather than gameplay. Sync is a great example - gameplay took second fiddle to story and it was quite easy. Procyon Insurgency was too intensive.

Here's what I've played so far in no particular order, aside from the retail campaigns and ST:R:

Echo Gate and Phantoms
Ancient Shivan War
The Antagonist
Blue Planet AoA
Derelict, Warzone, Twilight
Vassago's Dirge
Windmills
Sync and Transcend

I'd really appreciate some recommendations. Old, new, whatever. Tell me what you think is fun!
This signature is under construct

Check out my minimod: Lost

And here's my Bandcamp.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Anims: 418, Cutscenes: 8, Mainhalls: 7, Logos: 52
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • Mix-Hai Productions
Re: Looking for a Freespace campaign to play
Shameless self promotion

Though the version on Knossos is slightly more up to date.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:40:26 pm by mjn.mixael »
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - MixaelANITools - Between the Ashes - MjnMixael's Render Boutique - Mix-Hai Productions
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box - Photobucket Albums - Model Releases - Downloads
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!

Offline Novachen

• The one and only Capella supernova.
Shrouding the Light.
FSPort's Aftermath (Part of Cold Element continutiy as Derelict, Twilight and Warzone)
Rain on Ribos IV
Into the Halls of Valhalla (Derelict alternative sequel)
Inferno
Sol - A History

Everyone of them should not very difficult and are more or less Retail in Gameplay.
Even i do not know if all of them are playable in current FSO versions.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:12:24 pm by Novachen »
Female FS2 pilot since 1999.

German Translations created by me:
Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos, FreeSpace Port, The Destiny of Peace, Silent Threat: Reborn, Awakenings (in development),

Other projects:
FSPort Mission Upgrade, Out of the Shadow: Nova Safiya Edition (Remake of the Out of the Shadow campaign, in development)

If you want to know, what my nickname means, -chen is a german diminutive term, so you can translate Novachen as something like Little Nova or Novalet.
Even my original meaning of this name is more like "Sweet pretty deadly (Super)Nova" ;).

Offline 0rph3u5

• Reality is the finest flesh...
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Rain on Ribos IV

Please wait until the new year ... for reasons that will be made clear soonish.
Proud owner of a Prometheus Lens since 12/6/17.

"As a rebellion fails, a search begins."
- The Lost Generation - Ashcroft coming soon -

"One day every reputation must be tested."
- The Lost Generation - Jarin coming soon -

"One choice seperates heroism from villany."
- The Lost Generation - Santiago coming soon -

"...because they are not Dragons."

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=93581.0
-> Shameless self-promotion the 2nd  :D

I tried to focus on the story and the characters and several people told me they liked it :) If you scale down the difficulty to 2nd run, I don't think that it's that tough ;) You can also find several tips within the threat. And if you played Blue Planet AoA, you could slip into the story quiet easily since it starts only weeks after the GTVA arrived in Sol.
But whatever you're going to play, have fun! There's a lot of awesome stuff here!

Offline PIe

Shrouding the Light.
As a whole it's not too hard but there's one mission towards the end that I found to be ridiculously difficult.
Sol - A History
If you play this, I'd strongly suggest downloading it from Knossos.  There are several different versions floating around, not all of which work properly on 3.8.0.

Offline PVD_Hope

Shameless self promotion

Though the version on Knossos is slightly more up to date.

I am ashamed to say that I tried BtA but got stuck. You guys did a freaking fantastic job with that mod though, you should be proud. :)

And here's my Bandcamp.

Offline PVD_Hope

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=93581.0
-> Shameless self-promotion the 2nd  :D

I tried to focus on the story and the characters and several people told me they liked it :) If you scale down the difficulty to 2nd run, I don't think that it's that tough ;) You can also find several tips within the threat. And if you played Blue Planet AoA, you could slip into the story quiet easily since it starts only weeks after the GTVA arrived in Sol.
But whatever you're going to play, have fun! There's a lot of awesome stuff here!

Oh yeah, I remember giving the first mission a try when you released it as a preview. It was pretty good. I think I'll give the full campaign a shot, thanks! :)

And here's my Bandcamp.