Author Topic: RELEASE: Deus Ex Machina: Interlude  (Read 32126 times)

Offline Vrets

Re: RELEASE: Deus Ex Machina: Interlude
That build erased my hard drive, closed my gmail account, disabled my steam account, burned down my house, and forced me to watch old Fawlty Towers episodes.

Spoiler:
I haven't downloaded the build yet.

Spoiler:
All of this resulted from clicking the link to download the build. I didn't want to scare anyone.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Finished it. . . . Goober.

You ass. :p

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Yessss, most impressive. All done.

Warning! This spoiler below is actually plot related!
Spoiler:
When time compression dropped to almost nil, I was expecting a Half-Life 2 reference.
"Well-done *wheeeeeze* Mr. Alpha 1. *wheeeeze* But you're not done *wheeze* yet, oh no. You're on a *wheeeeze* rollllll. *haack*"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ehh couple of problems ... the ogg movie is not playing correctly, and I get a crash a few seconds after it starts.
Are you sure you're playing with the linked build?  This is a bug that was fixed a week or so after RC1.  It should be okay in the build I provided.

That Build you linked is giving me horrific memory leaks from time to time, imagine FS2 taking up 2 GB's of RAM all by itself.  :shaking:
It's impossible to play it with such a buggy build, is there some way around it?
Yes.  Wait for RC2.

Spoiler:
Idk about you, but it took me almost 5 seconds to recognize Beta 2 was the one from Sync. As soon as i read "Beta 2", i was like HEY, IT'S HIM !
Awesome. :D

Spoiler:
When the unknown was destroyed and time compression dropped to almost nil, I was expecting a Half-Life 2 reference.
Haven't played Half Life 2, so I don't know what you could be referring to.  What you're describing was a direct ripoff of the parodied campaign.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Are the changes from that build in trunk (my build is 6047)?  You see, Windows builds don't exactly work for me...

Haven't played Half Life 2, so I don't know what you could be referring to.  What you're describing was a direct ripoff of the parodied campaign.
Ah, I see. I haven't actually played the parodied campaign so I didn't know that.
Spoiler:
I guess I just assumed that you had played HL2, since you obviously had Team Fortress 2, or had some familiarity with it. Unless the sandvich of doom was another multi-source reference.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Spoiler:
I guess I just assumed that you had played HL2, since you obviously had Team Fortress 2, or had some familiarity with it. Unless the sandvich of doom was another multi-source reference.
Spoiler:
A reasonable, but incorrect, assumption.  My familiarity with Team Fortress 2 is entirely due to the "Meet the Team" videos.  And the Sandvich of Doom was provided by pecenipicek, as described in the readme.  The prototypical example is here.

Offline Firartix

• Random Noob
Spoiler:
How did you see the sink in the last mission :s ?
I took me sometime to realize there was one.

The first time i played the mission, i didn't know what to do, so i ordered both freighters to dock with the Perseverance.
It resulted in a massive crash, a cargo and the sink just close to the Perseverance...
In fact i really though you had to make it crash.
Then i restarted and saw it just trigger from targeting it e_e

BTW, you should have included some cool evil fedder missions!
Like, a mission that's impossible at start, but gets easier as you restart it (with dialogues changing accordingly o.o)
Or just a mission where the easier the difficulty, the more the enemies or something like that
It would be damn so fun (yeah yeah, IMO <_<')

Cargo: JUST KIDDING

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Spoiler:
How did you see the sink in the last mission :s ?
I took me sometime to realize there was one.
You target it.

Spoiler:
The first time i played the mission, i didn't know what to do, so i ordered both freighters to dock with the Perseverance.
Spoiler:
What Perseverance?

I shall remove the player orders.  Thanks.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
OK campaign.

Spoiler:

the only things that made me laugh was actually the contraband mission and the ? fighters.

Good idea on having the (supernova) TIMER as a ship in the ships communications window. I didn't even notice it the first time, but the second time I ordered it to depart :P

and the Rick Roll video..really...REALLY?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
HEY I HAD THE ? FIGHTERS LONG BEFORE YOU DID

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
HEY I HAD THE
Spoiler:
? FIGHTERS
LONG BEFORE YOU DID

USE SPOILERTAGS, FRENCH DELICATESSE!

Offline Firartix

• Random Noob
Mh, i just replayed the mission and got something funny :lol:

Spoiler:
I ordered both freighters to capture the Triumphance (hmh yeah i think i messed up with the name), and all others to destroy it.
But this time, instead of resulting in a crash, Lambda 4 actually docked with Triumphance while staying docked with the sink, and started spinning. It resulted in a rotating deimos and many ships turning around it o.o
Here's a screenshot : http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2291/rotatingcorvette.jpg

At first when i saw the unlocked orders, i though you could order all the ships to attack the Triumphance, therefore destroying it o.o (it would have been funny, since the other ships are kindda like unanimated or something like that..... like uh, the crew following your orders like zombies.)

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
For me, a lot of the appeal was the sort of refuge in audacity in actually parodying that. It also kind of helped that I was musing over fighter-intersystem-jump-drive continuity during the first mission run,
Spoiler:
and when I got to the node... :P
Along with the sudden realization that the campaign was indeed a parody of that, just set the tone for the whole experience for me. The sprinkled showcasing of the new features also kept things interesting, though maybe there were a few too many cargo containers.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Bear in mind that the dialogue in mission 3 takes note of the continuity errors.  And then you have yet another continuity change at the end of mission 3...

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
I know; it was just so serendipitously awesome at the time. :yes:

Spoiler:
I was actually a little surprised at first that my ammo counts didn't reset on the second mission, but as said, it was presented and lampshaded later.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What did everyone think of the music in mission 4?

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
It was pretty epic, it definitely rivaled BP music  :)

P.S. wonder if Ransom has played this yet
Stuff

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Third mission. I am such a ****ing nerd, I got every single joke so far, including the Tuesday one.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:D