Author Topic: GTB Boanerges; texturing.  (Read 28881 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Re: GTB Boanerges; texturing.
Agreed for canopy = goodness.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
It is good, it even looks more Terran-Vasudan now with the sleeker shapes. Though here's +1 for frameless, I dunno, gut feeling?
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
It is good, it even looks more Terran-Vasudan now with the sleeker shapes. Though here's +1 for frameless, I dunno, gut feeling?

Scales, it's because of the scales. I rather like it that way.

imo the little ligament thing should be part of the central structure, and straight, not separated(though i might be wrong since i don't remember what the original looks like). i don't like the rounding. the original had a look of a tank with deflective armor, the new one, especially due to the scales, looks too organic.

what you could do is beef up the existing plate armor protrusions...small plates like reactive armor. that would add a lot of nice details in keeping with the original look without going overboard with smoothing. imo, the thing is supposed to be boxy, it's not the result of hardware limitation. look at the rendering. it's so much more rugged looking. i think what you could do is make the edges hard with just a slight bevel.

aside from that, the engine looks nice. not a fan of the various inlets. and once again, the whole scale thing is inconsistent.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:39:34 am by hundeswehr »

Offline Kolgena

I'd say it's far too late to go back to geometry edits, but I have to agree that it's different from the original. It's not different in a bad way though.