Author Topic: something new... (WIP)  (Read 2840 times)

Offline nobbit

something new... (WIP)
Hey there,

After my first 3d steps in Google Sketchup (Remember my bulk frighter concept) i began to experiment a little bit with Blender. And i have tryed something simple to make a new contribution and so i decide to make the XWA Cargo-Ferry and try as a second one the Heavy Lifter. But i'm new to Blender and i miss practice (especially in adding different meshes together :rolleyes:) so can someone help me to make a few more details, nice engines and a few guns for it?
But now what do you think about it?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Re: something new... (WIP)
It looks very nice. The wings are different from the TG model, but it indeed looks better.

A very nice contribution indeed.

Tempest can probably add more detail to it.  Brand-X can too, but he's busy building his Star Destroyer toys  :D Turambar can help as well.

Edit:  Also, Truespace isn't necessary for modeling, and neither is purchasing the full version.  3.2 is available freely and still capable of making models.  There's also Blender, 3ds Max, Wings3d, Sketchup, Solid Modeling applications, etc...

but you most buy everything for modelling full version

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
Ah. I was going to do this one eventually. You've done a good job with the mesh, but I think the little grooves on the sides might be excessive. Send me the model and I'll greeb it right up for ya. I did the same thing for the muurian transport.

Then, I can make a new "freighters" topic. (There's another one in development as we speak).

You can catch me in our IRC channel or PM me.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 01:31:35 pm by Tempest »
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline Topgun

did you make it in blender?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Pretty good, pretty good.

Double compliments because you're a beginner modeler, at least this is what your first two sentences suggest to me.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline nobbit

Thank you all for your commendation :D!!!
@ topgun: Yes i made the meshes with blender!
It`s not easy to lern modeling but i found a very good tutorial in german that helps me alot: http://blendpolis.de/f/article_view.php?faq=3&fldAuto=6

Offline nobbit

@ Tempest: Send you the meshes!!! thank you for helping me!!! ;)