Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > The Aftermath: Reboot

Adjusting/rebalancing TBG difficulty

(1/5) > >>

CT27:
Most of the issues I've seen people have with TBG so far have been about game balance/difficulty (I know there have been plot issues as well but I want to focus on this one issue first).  For what it's worth I'm trying to talk to Herkie about it.

I'm not a technical designer (I primarily worked on plot writing...though I also was a tester for a while), but I can think of some possible ways to help things:

1-Reduce the health of the enemy Horuses and Serapises by half (I don't have a problem with newer Vasudan fighters being tough...but older models like this even if they've had an upgrade should not be as tough to crack as they are IMO.  On Very Easy a Serapis ate five Trebs from me once...)

2-Reduce the number of enemy fighters and bombers

3-Allow the player to have access to Widowmaker missiles more often (I know I said Herkie doesn't like them anymore but maybe he'll change his mind if enough want this)

4-Make a new more powerful primary weapon for the player

I know these won't likely solve all of the difficulty/balance issues but I think they should address most of what you have said.

Which of these options would you prefer (or which ones if you want to pick multiple choices) or do you have other suggestions?

Nightmare:
Perhabs you should make this a poll?

Su-tehp:
Wait, wait, wait...a friggin Serapis, those notoriously fragile Zod hang gliders, took FIVE TREBUCHETS to die?! On Very Easy difficulty??? :wtf: :eek2: :wtf:

Yeeeeeah...I'm not sure, but I think that's probably an indication that (several) something(s) is/are out of whack. :nono:

tomimaki:
Serapis normally has 220 hitpoints and 200 shield, in TBG - 1000 for both, so no suprise? ;)

Madeye:

--- Quote from: Su-tehp on May 04, 2020, 11:38:11 pm ---Wait, wait, wait...a friggin Serapis, those notoriously fragile Zod hang gliders, took FIVE TREBUCHETS to die?! On Very Easy difficulty??? :wtf: :eek2: :wtf:

Yeeeeeah...I'm not sure, but I think that's probably an indication that (several) something(s) is/are out of whack. :nono:

--- End quote ---

Yeah, one should consider checking if they survive helios strike   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version