Author Topic: Inferno ship specs/glory shots  (Read 94250 times)

Offline mr.WHO

Re-a: Inffernu sheep specs/glury shuts
hahaha, nice April 01 joke HLP  :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Inferno ship specs/glory shots
Uh we'll decide that once we get chapter 2 done.

Offline CaptJosh

No kidding. I have a blast flying that sucker.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well I fix things when they need fixing.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Got any updates to this thread?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Especially since when I loaded up FS2 for the first time in ages today, I found out my venerable Sidewinder 2 had kicked the bucket. Completely dead, not even detected when I plug it in. :(

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Any chance of a little peak at an ancient Ship
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Woo already said that there would be no Ancient ships in this thread.  :sigh:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Page 8 of the new eyecandy thread has a pic of one.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I have a question:
On the Gargant, what weapons are on the four huge prongs on the front? Those have to be HUGE cannons  :eek:. I think they should be more powerful than any turrets on the ship. There are also four smaller prongs. What are those?

Oh, and there was a render of the Gargant obliderating a GTVA/EA fleet while on its way to Sol, using ONLY its aft cannons. Can it still do that? :shaking:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It can probably obliterate a GTVA/EA fleet simply by bulldozing right over them.  Kind of like a human stepping on an ant colony.

Somehow I think the fleet could move outta the way. Can't see a ~30 mile ship moving very fast (subspace jumping notwithstanding).

I'm also looking for a render I saw but was too stupid to save.  It showed a wireframe of Gargant next to a wireframe of the R1 Gigas, with a GTVA ship below for size comparision. Where IS that render!!!??? :hopping:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
 :mad: I was looking for that render too!! But didn't it also have the Colossus?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I have a question:
On the Gargant, what weapons are on the four huge prongs on the front? Those have to be HUGE cannons  :eek:. I think they should be more powerful than any turrets on the ship. There are also four smaller prongs. What are those?
It has no forward weapons except for a subspace one in between the arms.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What? But doesn't the Subspace weapon need a long time to power up? Wouldn't that leave a massive window of oppertinity to go pummel it (not that pummeling it will penetrate its armor anyway)?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The subspace weapon we use is a bit different now than the original one, ours is specially scripted using new SCP features.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Can the Gargant's other beam cannons reach the front, though? And does the Gargant have surface shields or just a new armor value that makes it invulnerable to everything? Oh, and how big is its fighterbay? Can you fit a Sathanas in there :lol:?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'm not sure, it doesn't really matter though.
Well the Gargant hasn't been updated since we started using the armour code. We don't use the surface shields feature.
It has no fighterbay since it would need about 20 of them :D

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well, something that big doesn't really need shields OR a fighterbay, does it :lol:? What other uber ships are there? Will you still release those reskinned fighters from OTT? I REALLY liked those.