Author Topic: Linux + OpenAL Soft 1.15 = Crash  (Read 2407 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Linux + OpenAL Soft 1.15 = Crash
Just a heads up for Linux users, it appears that OpenAL Soft version 1.15 can cause FSO to segfault. So if you have this problem, check if you've got OpenAL Soft 1.15 installed.  If you have, then try downgrading to 1.14 or earlier and see if the problem goes away.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Re: Linux + OpenAL Soft 1.15 = Crash
Just a heads up for Linux users, it appears that OpenAL Soft version 1.15 can cause FSO to segfault. So if you have this problem, check if you've got OpenAL Soft 1.15 installed.  If you have, then try downgrading to 1.14 or earlier and see if the problem goes away.
any ideas as to the why and what changed between versions?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Linux + OpenAL Soft 1.15 = Crash
No real ideas so far unfortunately.  There's an OpenAL change log but I haven't looked into it closely yet.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...