Author Topic: KSP2 Announced!  (Read 1357 times)

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/game/kerbal-space-program-2/

Orion pulse drives!

Centrifuges!

Colonization!

New nearby star system!(s?)

Better implementation of things!

No micro-transactions or exclusivity bs!

I don't want to get my hopes up too high but, Holy kow It's Happening!!!
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I saw this and got miffed that as an original KSP purchaser I don't get it for gratis  :p :lol:

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
N-body/langragian points?
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

I saw this and got miffed that as an original KSP purchaser I don't get it for gratis  :p :lol:

I'd bet good money that's the entire idea behind doing a sequel.  Too many KSP players got in on the original EULA--guaranteeing they'd get free content updates--for Take Two's liking.  A sequel not only pushes a lot of people toward a second buy-in on the base game, but allows them to start charging people for content updates DLC packs.

N-body/langragian points?

Honestly it'd be a pretty bad design decision. Patched conics and manoeuvre nodes work really well for making approximately realistic orbital manoeuvres that you can still fly mostly by the seat of your pants
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain

I'd bet good money that's the entire idea behind doing a sequel.  Too many KSP players got in on the original EULA--guaranteeing they'd get free content updates--for Take Two's liking.  A sequel not only pushes a lot of people toward a second buy-in on the base game, but allows them to start charging people for content updates DLC packs.

They already charge for the updates 😭😭
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
I for one am super excited to see this, especially after I've gotten a decent flight stick!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something

That being said, even beyond new features, there's a massive amount that could be gained from a fresh start. KSP's physics engine is notorious for not being able to handle more than a modest amount of ship components before framerates plummet and the infamous Kraken rears its tentacled head.