Author Topic: What are Command mistakes  (Read 3146 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: What are Command mistakes
Idgi.

Offline Kie99

People say the Colossus was designed to fight the last war as a criticism, but what should Command have done if they knew what the coming Shivan fleet would look like?  It was designed to be as powerful as they could possibly make it, it's not like they got to the level where they thought they could beat the Lucifer and designed to stop there.

All you can really do against a Sathanas fleet is what they did - load up some destroyers with explosives and take the relevant jump nodes out.  Having the Colossus didn't stop them from doing that, indeed if you buy what the Colossus said in Their Finest Hour they actually bought time for that strategy to be used effectively.

One mistake I would say Command made is having the Bastion travel from Capella to Epsilon Pegasi rather than having a ship depart from Epsilon Pegasi to Capella.  Maybe the Meson Bomb production facility was in Capella.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

The Meson bomb was made in Vega, that's why the Capella-EP node was destroyed first.

Offline Kie99

Seems like it would have made more sense to take the bombs the long way round and enter the node from Epsilon Pegasi rather than making an incursion into a system with 80+ Sathanas juggernauts in it.

It would've taken a while to get around Capella, it's a 5 system long path.

Offline Kie99

Traversing 5 GTVA controlled systems without a shot being fired is surely better than jumping into a chokepoint in a Shivan controlled system, then heading for another chokepoint, especially when a Sathanas could jump in at any point and ruin you in 10 seconds.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Minutes costs lives
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Traversing 5 GTVA controlled systems without a shot being fired is surely better than jumping into a chokepoint in a Shivan controlled system, then heading for another chokepoint, especially when a Sathanas could jump in at any point and ruin you in 10 seconds.

Well Command needed time to set up the destroyers. Elseway they probably would've destroyed the Capella-GD node. By the time they were finished there were alread 80+ Saths for 3 days.