Author Topic: Bugs!!! Eyes in the Storm. (Also known as is-in-box glitch.)  (Read 6620 times)

Offline Husker

Bugs!!! Eyes in the Storm. (Also known as is-in-box glitch.)
It happens when I am in turret placement and attempt to place a support turret. I am instantly thrown 1000s of klicks away from the battlefield :shaking: :warp:. WTHeck guys? HELP!!!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 04:53:43 pm by Husker »

Offline Axem

Re: Bugs!!! Eyes in the Storm.
That... is... super weird! In all my testing, I've never come across that...

But I may have something for you later today...

Offline Husker

Also, is there any way to keep disable GLSL on?

Offline Axem

No clue on the GLSL thing, I just make missions. Maybe The E will have an answer.

In the meantime, could you try this version of the mission?

http://lazymodders.fsmods.net/files/BP/bp2-22.rar

Just extract the mission file into blueplanet2/data/missions (create the folders if they are not already there). It's a different version without horrible camera controls, you just target a platform and press 1-4 to trigger a turret deployment. There is no repair platform anymore because there's only 4 keys I could use.

Let me know if you still appear thousands of klicks away after turrets get deployed. :)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

What exactly do you mean by that?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Husker

Whenever I close and reopen the launcher (wxLauncher) disable glsl gets turned off.

Offline Arpit

Whenever I close and reopen the launcher (wxLauncher) disable glsl gets turned off.

Did you save your profile (in wxLauncher) after disabling GLSL? Is the option: Automatically save profiles, turned off ?

Offline Echelon9

Husker - by any chance are you on Mac?

I've long found the controls a bit bugged in the Eyes in the Storm mission on Mac. Bit shamed I never got around to reporting it.

Offline Husker

Did you save your profile (in wxLauncher) after disabling GLSL? Is the option: Automatically save profiles, turned off ?
:nono: I never thought of that. But all my other settings stay on no matter what so I never looked twice.

EDIT: Auto save is on. But still doesn't explain why it's been turned off occasionally.

Offline Husker

Husker - by any chance are you on Mac?

I've long found the controls a bit bugged in the Eyes in the Storm mission on Mac. Bit shamed I never got around to reporting it.
Actually I'm on Windows 8.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I may have found a variant of this bug.  I just died 4 times in a row while placing turrets.  After placing something, I essentially self-destructed with the kill message "killed by collision with Falcata 1."  After reading around the forums for a bit, it occurs to me that this might have happened after deploying an ECM pod each time, but I'd have to go back and test again to be sure.

I've played through this mission a few times with no incident (other than the repair pod seemingly doing nothing), and the only thing that's changed between then and now is I updated to the 3.7.1 BP build.

edit:
derp.  i WAS getting flung to the far reaches of jupiter.  dying like that is what happens when you reach the edge of the mission space.  i didn't notice because it was happening while i had the map view still up.  and turns out, not necessarily tied to ECM pods.  i finally managed to make it through, but got two more instances.  one was the same as all the others, happening as i set turrets at the start, the other well into the mission after i added a turret later on.  the first one happened after placing a flak, the second i don't remember.  but i do remember that this one was delayed.  i was out of the map mode and back into the flying for a few seconds before it happened.  the time i made it all the way through, i didn't deploy any ECM or the repair, but did deploy all the weapons eventually.  i did it slower, coming back out of map mode every one or two deploys.  maybe it's tied to how fast you deploy things?  would a debug log be of assistance?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 09:19:57 pm by Klaustrophobia »
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Aetyrno

Ran into this bug, been messing with it quite a bit

For me, it occurs the moment that the repair turret contacts the selected platform.  I can attempt to complete the mission without using a repair turret without issues other than the lack of repair.

Offline Husker

Hmmm. I don't re...oh. I think I was trying to place a repair pod at the time I was flung away after exit map mode.

Thought I'd add that I had the same problem. It only occured when placing the repair pod.

Offline Husker

Well I think the problem's been narrowed down to the repair pod. Now the BP team can hopefully see how to fix this particular problem when they have the chance.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
:bump:

FYI, this looks like it's caused by a code bug: http://scp.indiegames.us/mantis/view.php?id=2937
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Axem

Interesting, but that mission doesn't use the "is-in-box" sexp, but that's not to say there's not another sexp that may be doing that.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Hmm... the copy I had lying around had is-in-box used for the repair tank (obviously that's not the copy you posted above)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Axem

Oh yes. That would explain it. I was looking on the BP svn with the "fixed" mission. Hooray, I fixed it without knowing it!

Offline Husker

Soo, does this mean thread closed?