Archived Boards > Terran-Vasudan War

TVWar Intro cutscene

(1/6) > >>

Solatar:
Okay, I was just wondering. I have a great idea for a cutscene for the beginning of the TVWar. We can get V to convert it to MVE, name it Intro, and put it in the fs2 directory.

Here's the script.

#########################################

Music builds up, one color, green background. Says:

A MOD for a game by Volition;
Created by the TVWar staff;

Camera pulls away and the green stuff turns out to be a briefing icon. You see it moving towards an icon of a wing of friendly fighters. Pulls further back;

General is briefing his men in the briefing room of the GTD Galatea;

"Alright men; a Vasudan cruiser is headed our way very fast. Considering the tension and anger that took place at yesterday's peace summit, we believe the vasudans are attacking because we insulted them. Everybody get to your fighters!"

During this time the camera moves in on the General and when he syas "get to your fighters" the camera is right at his face.

Music starts getting action packed and the camera cuts to the hanger. A message int he corner of the screen says: Hanger of GTD Galatea. Antares.

You see one Angel class fighter lift off and leave the hanger.

Cuts to the outside of the Orion, the Vasudans are just getting within strike range. You see a few wings of GTF Angels comeing out of the hanger and they start attacking Vasudan fighters and an Aten class cruiser. Bombers are scrambled and they destroy the Aten.

The Terrans imerge victorious and the camera cuts to the last Vasudan fighter's explosion. The explosion disipates and the words Freespace2: The Terran Vasudan Conflict. appear. Then  it ends.

#########################################

Any comments? I know it sounds like a lot, but it would be really cool. I'm not asking anybody to do it, but it would be nice if somebody wanted to talk with me about it. This would really make the TVWar project an experience to remember. The cutscene would be optional, and only people with really fast internet connections or a lot of patience would be able to get it.

Any comments? *Braces for impact* *Heard flaming isn't fun*

DragonClaw:
RandomTiger made a source code change that allows you to play divX files(and anything else pretty much) as an into (if you have the codec already).

This really isn't much, just would take a bit of tricky manuevering...
The whole general thing in a briefing room is ... well, I doubt you'll get anyone to do that.

Solatar:
Yeah, I know nobody will want to do it. But sometimes if you just throw your ideas out there for no good reason then sometimes people like them. The TVWar project got started when I was just saying it would be cool, can it be done? I don't know, maybe somebody will want to do it.

vyper:
Make the commanding officer's speech last longer - like giving details of enemy movements that might also aid the incoming cruiser, or the specifics of what went wrong in the peace talks (maybe make a joke). :)

Solatar:
The longer it is, the bigger thje filesize. The longer it is, the longer it is, and long cutscenes take much longer. Plus, the main attraction of the cutscene will be the fighting, whcih is the first battle in the Terran Vasudan War.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version