General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

Would someone enlighten me?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Setekh:
That's it! A multipart turret. Yep. He was having a lot of problems with that.

Shrike:
You could say that again......multi part turrets tracked god-knows-what, firing at nothing.  Pile of......

Anyhow, +ZADD is a value (I've never tried partial values, I see no point in it) that increases the 'Z,' which is essentially how 'popping out' the object seems.  So the reason you'll see the outermost (largest) beam section with 0 and the innermost (smallest) with 4 or 5 is to give a 3-dimensional appearance to the beam.

Make sense?

Robin Varley:
I was gonna ask that question too, I thought it had something to do with the width of the beam when it flickered, but now I know better.

You're right about the swarm thing, I made some of the cap ship turret weapons in the weapons.tbl fire in salvos of three, it looks pretty cool.  The maxim is also a good one for that, you get semi auto fire.

Shrike, are you having problems doing multipart turrets if so I know how to get them to work fine so ask away.

Starwing:
Swarm turrets are cool, but the engine seems to treat them as missiles. I tried to alter the FOV of the Aeolus' turrets to test my theorie, but either I'm stupid or you cant do that in FSMM

------------------
Beyond Earth Campaign

The truth is out there...

Shrike:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Robin Varley:
Shrike, are you having problems doing multipart turrets if so I know how to get them to work fine so ask away.
--- End quote ---

I was using existing ships.........

Also, I have never gotten a fighter primary to 'pulse fire' with $swarm: X.

[This message has been edited by Shrike (edited 02-10-2001).]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version