Author Topic: Explosions  (Read 10325 times)

Offline Kaine

so there hasn't been any confirmation as to whether we can/can't use those ones?

I'd be mildly suprised if that Howard character didn't allow the FSUP crew some kind of creative licence with them. I'd love to have a go, but wouldn't know where to start making explosion animations.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
so there hasn't been any confirmation as to whether we can/can't use those ones?
Somebody just needs to ask.  I've already got them converted and usable, so we just need permission.

Offline neoterran

Maybe we can offer to help them with some effects or if there are some effects we can share ?
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
didnt lightspeed release hi-res explosions? (they're on his homepage, same place as the nebulae)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
This is interesting...

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Just stopping by to plant an image in your heads...

I always like the explosion effects in Edge of Chaos. The shiped looked like they were going down in flames simply because the explosion animation was so long. It looked cool. Obviously it wouldn't look so cool on fighters. But when capitalships die bleeding fire all over, I just feel so happy. :)
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Maybe make that a slow explosion, and make another, fast explosion... the ships in FS all blow up the same pretty much, this should be changed, and be FREDdable so that the mission designer controls how the explosion goes down.  Make the default be the normal FS explosions, and add others as options.  What you think?
You could have one explosion really fast, like an on-board bomb exploded, have another explosion for a ship that's basically been torn to shreds little bit by little bit at the hands of enemy bombers, have another explosion for reactor going supercritical, hmm... how about the ammo supplies going off?  WWII battleships threw some pretty impressive fireworks when their main (or secondary, or any) magazine cooked off.  Again, what do you think?