Hosted Projects - Standalone > Diaspora

Viper Mark 2 Drawing

<< < (2/4) > >>

karajorma:
Nothing wrong with that but you should say that you based it on someone else's work really. It's a matter of good manners when it comes to artistic work to give credit to anyone who contributed to your work. Even indirectly.

BoneMonkey:
yeah theres nothing wrong with it at all, hell its mostly how I learned how to draw. I still do it to this day, you can learn so much just by trying to draw someone elses drawing.

but always give credit, its just polite.
Also its a trace, I knew it when I first saw it, and any artist with half an eye is going to be able to tell. (its to do with your perfect form yet dodge line wieghts)

I would avoid straight tracing if you can becouse you are just not going to learn as much.
Now for some crits (and if you don't like em give up on being an artist becosue you are gonna get so many crits over your artist life)

I've already talked about the line wieghts, they are really messy, if you are going to draw with solid black try to get the whole line in one stroke. if the lines off of ends up in the wrong place then ctrl-z try again (you'll get good at this pretty quick) dont worry so much if you over shoot rubbing out the end of a  line is fine.

your colouring reaks of lasyness, fill that **** in, hell just use the selection tool and the fill tool.

looking forward to seeing your next drawing. I'll crit that too :D

jdjtcagle:

--- Quote from: BoneMonkey on October 15, 2008, 08:31:51 am ---your colouring reaks of lasyness, fill that **** in, hell just use the selection tool and the fill tool.

--- End quote ---

That's assuming he used photoshop, he could of used illustrator or another vector based program.  That scribble coloring job could be a style and would be a matter of preference (art if you will.)  Live paint the object for coloring instead of select and fill.  If not, illustrator could also go over each stroke and refine it, if you prefer that setting.  My favorite is using the pencil tool and customize each stroke with a fill color instead of a path with a stoke color.

I also agree if you trace it's a great way to learn/play but ethical to give credit when you base it on something that is not yours.

BoneMonkey:
it looks like photoshop to me, way to messy to be illstrator, but to be fair the last time I used Illustrator was like 4 years ago.

Also if your image looks bad, calling it 'style' wont save it.

jdjtcagle:
I disagree, it's subjective. :)

But that doesn't mean one shouldn't strive to develop something that them the "artist" feels comfortable with, setting standards for himself not from somebody else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version