Archived Boards > FSO Overhaul Project

Welcome to the Rendering Engine Overhaul Project

<< < (2/28) > >>

karajorma:
The problem Ferrium had was that it was an attempt to build a completely new engine and game at the same time. One of the main reasons for keeping backwards compatibility in the FS2_Open engine is so that we always have something we can run on the engine. On the day the overhaul is done we'll have a wealth of mods and games as well as the original FS2 to run on it.

Ferrium didn't have this advantage and therefore couldn't pull in coders from the outside world anywhere near as easily.

Nuke:
i probably meet at least 4 of the requirements, namely theese:

# Significant FSO modding experience
# Experience with other 3D engines
# Significant 3D math experience or knowledge
# Significant art experience

unfortunately the downside is i have a reputation for being a lazy bum, and would probably just get in the way.

portej05:
@Nuke: Jump on #hardlight or #scp at some point and we'll set up a quick interview (to determine your technical strengths and how best you can contribute!).
We'd love to have you on-board :)

Aardwolf:

--- Quote from: Nuke on January 26, 2010, 03:42:58 am ---i probably meet at least 4 of the requirements, namely theese:

# Significant FSO modding experience
# Experience with other 3D engines
# Significant 3D math experience or knowledge
# Significant art experience

unfortunately the downside is i have a reputation for being a lazy bum, and would probably just get in the way.

--- End quote ---

Heheh... I'm pretty much exactly the same. A tad less FSO modding and art though...

Cobra:
Just a thought, but would the coders be able to finish some of Volition's unfinished stuff, like planets?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version