Archived Boards > The Unification War

The Pericles is dog ugly

<< < (3/4) > >>

Admiral Nelson:
I wouldn't be excessively worried about staying close to the original model.  As it is an unarmed vessel, and has only appeared in one released mission, there isn't much consequence to changing things if you think it improves the ships aesthetic appeal.

headdie:
on the extending airlock idea wouldnt it be possable to have the docking point in mid air and using the 3 point rotators technique discussed in another thread (i cant find it though) to move a subobject representing the extending arm

or how about a single arm that rotates at one end

both would have to be triggered by either a script or sexp but it should work

Black Wolf:
Note that I'm not really capable of all this fancyness with the poffing and the animating and the all that. I plan, more or less, to drop a Single LOD, textured model into the forum, maybe with somne debris if I'm feeling really bored one day, for the TVWP people to do with what they will. I'm capable of that, since this is an unarmed vessel. Beyond that, I reckon I might struggle.

Goober5000:
I didn't actually mean that the model should actually have an extending docking ring.  I was posting that as a justification for hand-waving away a docking point that floated a few meters above the model. :p

Black Wolf:
Alright, I've got it mostly UVed (I'll Upload some pics of where it ended up in a bit), and will start texturing soonish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version