Archived Boards > Earth Defence

RELEASE: some new HIGHREZ shockwaves :)

<< < (4/11) > >>

Nighteyes:
I assume Spoon is referring to the fact that the shockwaves don't render according to the EFF file, but according to the shockwave speed that is set in the ships.tbl.
so as Spoon pointed out, on REALLY big and slow moving shockwaves, you will be able to see the individual frames, and not a perfectly smooth transition... changing the EFF won't do a thing about that, I'll need to recreate the effect itself with more frames in it(won't happen anytime soon)

Fury:
Shockwave speed on each ship and weapon should be adapted to shockwave effect, not the other way around. Current mediavps shockwave speeds are optimized for the mediavps shockwave, so it's natural other shockwaves won't look as good if tables aren't edited accordingly.

In other news, here's black and white version of the ED shockwave. Blue and orange colored shockwaves look purdy, but real shockwaves don't have color.
http://www.mediafire.com/?93237726v0ob22l
Tga and dds included.

MatthTheGeek:

--- Quote from: Fury on November 12, 2010, 11:48:41 am ---Blue and orange colored shockwaves look purdy, but real shockwaves don't have color.
--- End quote ---
And why that ? Oh, and your black and white shockwaves look just wrong for some reason.

General Battuta:

--- Quote from: Fury on November 12, 2010, 11:48:41 am ---In other news, here's black and white version of the ED shockwave. Blue and orange colored shockwaves look purdy, but real shockwaves don't have color.
http://www.mediafire.com/?93237726v0ob22l
Tga and dds included.

--- End quote ---

Real shockwaves don't exist in space. In atmosphere they would definitely have a color. If they did exist in space, as shells of excited plasma, they would also definitely have color based on temperature and composition.

bigchunk1:
Aah what a treat! The ED team is cool. Works perfectly and looks nice. I used the 2D shockwaves.

I like fury's choice of color. Looks more realistic to me, even though it might not objectively be the case. I'm so accustomed to living in atmosphere. 

/Puts on a monocle and a tophat and takes a sip of tea with the pinkey extended

I am going to invent the term 'Psychological Realism' to adequately describe this phenomenon of the human condition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version