Archived Boards > Mjn.Mixael's Render Boutique

Cutscene Creation Tutorial Discussion

(1/4) > >>

Nighteyes:
I'm asking for a simple tutorial about preparing a movie and how to convert it to a formal freespace understands, whats the best encoding, rez, program to encode and such, all the basic so someone can bring an uncompressed AVI to something nice that works in the game.
thanks.

mjn.mixael:
Hmmm, I think I wrote something similar a while back. Let me see if I can find it.

EDIT:

Here is what I wrote before.

When I get some more time, I'll write up something far more comprehensive. Any other specifics anyone wants to know about cutscene creation (not the FRED kind either)?

EDIT:

New Tutorial!

Continue discussion of that tutorial here.

FreeSpaceFreak:
The MakeOGG cmd-file doesn't work. After I've entered my video name, it outputs the following, without asking any more input. No OGG files are created.

While at it, could it make a cutscene at input-file resolution as well? I have an AVI at 848x512 (don't ask why), would be a pity to see it scaled down to 720p.

--- Code: ---Which resolutions do you wish to make?
Please answer Y/N...
'CHOICE' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
'CHOICE' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
OGG conversion complete!
Press any key to continue . . .

--- End code ---

mjn.mixael:
Hmmm, interesting. I know the script works because I use it. Make sure you have the latest version of the toolkit. (Should be version 1.5).

Watch this tutorial on the toolkit. (I think the part about the MakeOGG script is near the latter end of Part 2.)

Video Tutorial using MixaelANITools Part 1
Video Tutorial using MixaelANITools Part 2

As for making a custom size, if you have the latest version of the toolkit, tell the script 'N' for 480p, 720p, and 1080p and it will ask you for a custom size.

EDIT: Furthermore, what version of windows are you running?

EDIT2: Seems like 'CHOICE' was not available for XP, so I'm guessing you are on XP...  :banghead:

It'll take a quick rewrite, but I'll get a new version of that script up today. New version linked here.

FreeSpaceFreak:
Yeah, XP it is. Eh, it's still doing it, only the 'CHOICE' line shows up four times now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version