Author Topic: GTB Medusa Release  (Read 26466 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
so be wary of this download.
Dude seriously?

$Subsystem: turret01a,5,1.0
    $Default PBanks: ( "Prometheus R" )

^  Quote from the retail ships table. :p
I just played some fsport with the new medusa. It looks great and the modeled thrusters are pretty awesome; however the turret seems to be a prometheus-R when I was playing the missions doomsday and evangelist, so be wary of this download.

PROM-R'S IN MAH FS1?
You betcha you better be wary!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Oh! FS1. It's a good catch then - fixed in the MVP SVN so that the MVPs won't override the default weapon. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Looks great  ;7, but i don't like the modelled thrusters... :nono:
So I decided to change them to the newer once of the MVP.

And i think that the two glowpoints at the turret should move with it, when the turret turns around, isn't it? :wtf:
That's a great idea, so I set the correct Parent Subobject, because it doesn't do that what it SHOULD DO (if it's correct what i think that it should turn around...). :D
Maybe you could upload an little update for other people to fix that, if somebody (like me) takes care about things like that... :)
Or i could upload it if I am allowed to do that.

Whatever...
I could tell you about some things i don't like at the model (in-game), but I don't :D
But GREAT WORK

Offline Kolgena

The shape of the engines right now really complicates using old plumes... I fear it'll become a clippy mess that makes the old Apollo side thrusters look trivial.

As for the two glow points, if that's true, then it's a great catch and probably deserves looking into.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
And i think that the two glowpoints at the turret should move with it, when the turret turns around, isn't it? :wtf:
Another good catch! Corrected in SVN.

About engine effects - (and if this begins to derail this topic I'll split it into a new one) I firmly believe particles are the way of the future!
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/VA--Twisted_Infinities/Effects/?action=view&current=EngineParticles2.mp4

^This is pretty much the best particles can do at the moment, which isn't bad (though I did only put in a few hours work), but there are so many problems with it (such as if the camera moves a bit further away the particles stop drawing, the same spew on a different engine size will look terrible, and we have very limited control over the particle lifetimes) that we can't yet implement them as any sort of standard feature. The engine particles code just isn't solid or flexible enough yet.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I've never actually seen an in-game video with particle effects, now that I have I say they look awesome, it's a shame that they have such complications.

Oh! FS1. It's a good catch then - fixed in the MVP SVN so that the MVPs won't override the default weapon. :)

Thanks for the fix Vasudan Admiral, really appreciate the work you guys do :)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I didn't do the table but sorry about the glow-point! I thought something was fishy with those two glow-points but I didn't know what.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

I've never actually seen an in-game video with particle effects, now that I have I say they look awesome, it's a shame that they have such complications.
I don't know why there are so many complications with the particle-effects?
I have set the the particles to (almost) every fighters and bombers (except the shivan once, because i haven't found red particles)...

I didn't do the table but sorry about the glow-point! I thought something was fishy with those two glow-points but I didn't know what.

That's your released Medusa:
The glowpoints are moving (up and down) with the flaps of the thrusters whe you turn on the afterburner...
They are a little bit visible under the turret

That's HOW the glowpoints at the turret should looks like:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:23:56 am by Yuzuki5749 »

Offline Hades

Yeah, the glow-points have already been fixed in the SVN copy of the pof, I haven't been able to get around to reuploading yet.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Here's a quick suggestion for you...
Try using the $Thruster Normal Flame: and $Thruster Afterburner Flame: fields in ships.tbl instead of doing it in species_defs.tbl.  The reason being is that doing it that way will enable the ugly modelled thrusters in old mods, like INFR1 or Ghost Revenants.

BTW this model has the best UVMap I have ever seen! Excellent work!
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Sab0o

thanks.

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker

thanks.
Could someone please post a pic of the UV map as a reference for us novice mappers. Would help to see how a master does it.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Hades

Higher resolution version uploaded, it's in the first post.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
"File not found."

Offline Hades

Roger that, updated the download, should work.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Got it now, drooltastic. :D

Offline Hades

Update. Uploaded the fixed table and .pof for the high-rez version, the 'broken' package for the low was taken down from FSMods until I can upload that one too.

http://freespacemods.net/download.php?view.779 New link, also in the first post. Will try to get the fixed low rez package up too.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I don't believe it was mentioned, so I had to check it out myself, I played Slaying Ravana to see how the nebular trails are on the Medusa, and where the trails start are to the side of the missile pods by a little. An easy fix, but just something I wanted to point out for the ship's integration in the next MVPs (It's going to be in it right?).

...I think this little marked part shouldn't be there...
It's a little part of the moddeled thrusters, which shouldn't be there...
I think...

lvlshot is your friend. -Zacam
Please fix it ;)

EDIT:
Please ignore this post.
I've seen where the mistake is and it was MY mistake xD
Sorry, guys xD
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 04:53:10 pm by Zacam »