Author Topic: Aquitaine Mainhall  (Read 6278 times)

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
The perspective is wonky, but I think you could fix the catwalk looking like it's going through the window by simply adding the missing railing here:

The catwalk presumably would go to the other side of the elevator, maybe something like this?

I am a revolutionary.

Offline Kolgena

I agree glass would look nice, but I don't think the ambient sounds that play while idling fit with having glass in that hole/window.

The perspective is wonky, but I think you could fix the catwalk looking like it's going through the window by simply adding the missing railing...

Ulala, I've extended your sketch a little bit for a (hopefully) better imagination.

It looks so weird, because the hangar and the bridge aren't at the same deck.
It's watching like this:

And there isn't a catwalk behind the fighters.
It would be suicide to walk directly under a crane which picks up a Myrmidon.
There are ladders on the platforms, next to the fighters, similar to the platform in our Galatea mainhall.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Hmm there definitely are catwalks behind the fighters (you can see the yellow railings), and even the doors visible in the hangar are not on the hangar deck - they're on a catwalk above the floor. You can see 3 lifts that would service all 4 levels. (The lifts themselves are weirdly halfway between the hangar deck and the first level catwalk with the doors)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

The green marked door/lines?
Hmm...
...sounds a little bit like the Orion hangar bay.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
There are definitely catwalks behind the fighter racks. That is very clear from the Bastion and Galatea mainhalls.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Sololop

The Galatea and Bastion are Orion destroyers though, the design differs greatly with the Hecates. That assumption can't really be said.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
People on Hecate still haven't grown themselves wings. Yes it can.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The Galatea and Bastion are Orion destroyers though, the design differs greatly with the Hecates. That assumption can't really be said.
Given how clearly the Aquitaine hangar has the same doors and wall materials as the Bastion hangar, there is definitely enough evidence to make the assumption.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.