Off-Topic Discussion > Programming

Sublime Text

<< < (2/2)

ScottFreeCapital:

--- Quote from: X3N0-Life-Form on February 11, 2015, 04:37:36 pm ---A few of my friends use it, although I'm sticking to nano/emacs/notepad++ for now (& eclipse when doing java stuff). FSO is pretty much the only C++ project I am using Visual Studio for, although I would probably use it if I were doing C#.

--- End quote ---

I find Eclipse cumbersome and kind of disgusting but that's me. I started off using it but after switching to Sublime I never went back.

AdmiralRalwood:

--- Quote from: Fury on February 11, 2015, 11:41:02 pm ---I also took a look at Sublime Text, but don't want to pay for it and it looks like the current stable branch (2.x) is really old and dev branch (3.x) has been in development limbo about forever.

--- End quote ---
You can try Sublime Text for free; I've been using Sublime Text 3 for about a year and a half now. It's technically in beta, but the "unstable" stuff is kept to the dev branch; the "beta" hasn't seen an update since last August, but there was a new dev build just this month, for instance. Not really what I'd call "development limbo".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version