General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

What Freespace are you (Re)Playing Now?

<< < (2/23) > >>

karajorma:

--- Quote from: AdmiralRalwood on January 25, 2017, 04:03:29 am ---I recently played the demo campaign a few times, for some reason.

--- End quote ---

Funnily enough I've been talking with others about the demo and FS2_Open recently. So that's definitely something interesting.

Mito [PL]:
Got around to play The Aftermath Reborn some time ago. While it starts... slowly, and there is some dumb stuff in two first acts (like a base with billions of metric tons of experimental vessels guarded by a single fighter), later it gets really intense and interesting. One of the best features of gameplay is the approach to Shivan numbers: there's really a lot of them, being swarmed is very literal there.

But it could use any reliable interceptor fighter in most of the missions, absolute maximum of 140m/s is pretty... hurting.

X3N0-Life-Form:
I've put most of my FS activities on hold for now, I haven't started any playthrough in a while, although BtA is currently on the top of my ToPlay list.

Outside of playthoughs, I've been playing bits of FS2, BP, JAD, Diaspora and my own mod, which leads me to :

--- Quote from: Nyctaeus on January 25, 2017, 03:06:13 am ---I found it kinda funny to replay your own project that used to be "cool" for you few years ago.

--- End quote ---

Novachen:
I do not think, that it is actually "playing".

Because i translate them into german, i am playing through single Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos and FreeSpace Port missions from time to time right after a translation to see if everything is alright with it. Especially the former needs some checking because it relies heavily on subtitle-sexps and strings in scripts.
Also some testing of the few already nearly finished missions of a Freespace 2 reimagening i created myself.

The last time i really played Freespace... that is a while back. As far as i remember, that was for my video playthrough on Insane of the then new released Dusk Wars Act 2.

Unfortunately i did not play soo much space games in general lately. Only for my space combat video channel sometimes. That is indeed the best bet for me, that i will play Freespace more regulary in the future again. Next to the translated campaigns of course.

Sushi:

--- Quote from: Luis Dias on January 25, 2017, 03:33:44 am ---I haven't played FreeSpace at all for a while now :(

--- End quote ---

Likewise, for a couple of reasons:

1. I've played it to death already.
2. Once you've gotten under the hood with modding/coding, it's very very difficult to sit back and just enjoy the game for what it is. You're always thinking about how you could fix up X to be better / more to taste.

This has (apparently) not stopped me from occasional lurking. :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version