General FreeSpace > Multiplayer

Any interest in testing the original/new PXO?

<< < (3/20) > >>

taylor:
Source is now up: https://pxo.nottheeye.com/files/test/freespace2_src.tar.gz

If you are building on Windows you will also need: https://pxo.nottheeye.com/files/test/Support.zip (112 MB)
Extract the support zip at the same directory level as you extract the source tarball. It has all of the extra libs, dlls, and headers that you should need, and cmake will locate them in that location by default.

To build you need CMake 2.8+. The build directory should be freespace2_src/build/.

For Linux you will also require development packages installed for wxWidgets 3.0+, OpenAL, libwebsockets 0.6+, and SDL 2.0.5+.

Building is NOT support on Mac at this time.

taylor:
Pushed some server updates. Minor work on the front-end and a bunch of fixes on the back-end.

Highlights:

* A little work on the website to look and work a bit better

* The format of salted/hashed passwords in the database changed. Whenever you log into the website it should automatically upgrade from the old format, but if you have problems let me know
* Fixed a database issue that caused missions which had been validated showing up as invalid for clients
If there are any issues let me know. Porting SquadWar comes next.

Also, the "Dragon Standalone" that tends to be running is one of my test servers. You are free to use it, but it's on a connection which frequently has really high latency. Just FYI.

taylor:
Still working on this, but life happens and things get delayed. Bunch of updates on the way but I don't have an ETA for when the new stuff will be available. Too many backend and build issues holding things up. SquadWar will still be disabled in the next site update, since it's taking too long to get some things situated, but it's around 75-80% complete at this point.

In the meantime I could use a little help testing something. Go here and see if it loads and looks okay for everyone: https://pxo.nottheeye.com/files/junk/maptest.html

Mouse wheel to zoom, or double-click to zoom in and shift-double-click to zoom out. Click and drag to pan around. I know it doesn't work properly on mobile yet, but it will by the time it goes live (whenever that is). If it doesn't work on the first page load please reload it and try again. It's all hacked together to work without the dev site so it's a little extra flaky.

ngld:
The map interaction doesn't work for me because apparently the SVG never emitted a load event. If I type $('#leaguemap').trigger('load') in the browser console, everything works as expected.

taylor:

--- Quote from: ngld on November 28, 2017, 08:30:27 pm ---The map interaction doesn't work for me because apparently the SVG never emitted a load event. If I type $('#leaguemap').trigger('load') in the browser console, everything works as expected.

--- End quote ---
What browser/OS? Same thing happened to me with Chrome/Linux, but only on the first page load.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version