Author Topic: GOTY Mod not Using MediaVPs  (Read 702 times)

Offline AV8R

GOTY Mod not Using MediaVPs
I was going to get into some of the standalone missions in the GOTY mod listed in Knossos. But when starting the mod and looking at the Tech Room models, they are obviously retail and not the MediaVP versions. I temporarily worked around that by copying the files in the GOTY Missions folder to a Missions folder under the MVPS-4.2.3 folder and can now load the single missions with all of the MediaVP goodness - but I have to access them through the MediaVPs 4.2.3 mod. Why would the GOTY mod itself not point to the MediaVPs? This used to be something you would adjust in the mod.ini file but Knossos doesn't use them anymore.

Snooping through the mod.json file in the GOTY folder, there are no pointers to the MediaVP folders I can find, and thus may be the issue. Can someone send me instructions on how to edit the dependencies into the mod.json file or just post the contents of a mod.json file I can copy and paste into my existing one so that the GOTY standalone and multiplayer missions, if played through the GOTY mod, will use the latest MediaVPs and not retail models?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: GOTY Mod not Using MediaVPs
You've got it backwards. The MediaVPs "depend" on the GOTY pack. If you have the MediaVPs installed correctly, then the missions will be visible in the tech room.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline AV8R

Re: GOTY Mod not Using MediaVPs
And the missions are visible. So the GOTY pack is not a mod to run, per se, but simply a vehicle to supply the single missions to the MediaVP tech room.

I can live with that.  :cool: