Author Topic: MindGames Hiring  (Read 6294 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Okay now that we`ve got a forum and have properly moved in it's time to start getting some work done.

MindGames is a Sol Based FS2 campaign set a couple of years after the events in Capella. We`ve got quite a few novel ideas for the campaign the best one of these being the influence of a new species known simply as The Starborn.

More Details are available in the link in my FAQ.

Missions are planned and ready for FREDding but we could use more staff.

We Require FREDders most of all as we only have 2 FREDders on the team and we are both involved with other campaigns as well.
 We'll take anyone regardless of FREDding experience. Both myself and Miburo enjoy training newbies in FRED and have done so before so if you`ve done the walkthrough but want some additional help we`ll help you.
 Experienced FREDders are of course welcome to join

We also could use Modders, ani artists and members of the other campaign building professions (we could especially use a skin mod at the moment).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2002, 06:27:52 am by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
hmm well i can do anis with the normal FS2 ships but im going to need someone to make new ships into LW format before i could do anis.

but if someone will i would be willing to help
I hate My signature!

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
i FREDded for Inferno if thats ok.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Thanks for the offer Ashrak. I`ll keep it in mind once we`ve got ani's planned (I`ve got the prelims in mind but we need a few mods still for some of them)

PhReAk anyone who's FREDded for Inferno is almost certainly good enough for me (better than we had hoped for to be honest). How much time can you afford to spend with us? Just a single mission or more than that?

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
I just want to make the point a little more strongly because they won't say it this way:

Karajorma and Miburo (a.k.a. Lady Rose), two of the most knowledgeable FREDers in the community, are willling to mentor beginners.  This is a great opportunity for someone who has the desire to really learn FRED while contributing to an active campaign.
If a man walks in the desert and speaks where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
i have time between school, the SCP, and inferno (my ch1 missions are done).  The number i can do will vary depending on how long expected development time is.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Solatar

Training newbie FREDers you say? Well, I'm not exactly a newbie, but I could use some help. I will be FREDing for Silent Threat: Reborn, and Alternate Paths but none of them are very close to the FREDing stage at the moment, especially Alternate Paths.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by Hades
but none of them are very close to the FREDing stage at the moment

ST: Reborn is closer than you think ;)

Offline Solatar

Yes, I figured ST: Reborn was very near, but I know that AP isn't close.

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
I'm always ready to mentor people or more likely when I have time.
Lady Rose, survivor of VWBB with 1198 post, lost somewhere along the line

Creator of Tale of EAS Janus campaign
Mod leader of FWW2 - Finland At War 1939-1945 for Armed Assault

Offline HeX

• http://www.warpstorm.com
Actually we're pretty close to the FREDing stage. Hell the first two missions can be FREDed without any modification. After that all we need is weapons tables and one ship tabled and we can finish chapter one.
Warpstorm
Alot's changed, but alot's still the same. Come on by and talk about anything!

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Hades, report to the FSPORT forum when you have the time ;)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
Originally posted by karajorma
Thanks for the offer Ashrak. I`ll keep it in mind once we`ve got ani's planned (I`ve got the prelims in mind but we need a few mods still for some of them)

PhReAk anyone who's FREDded for Inferno is almost certainly good enough for me (better than we had hoped for to be honest). How much time can you afford to spend with us? Just a single mission or more than that?

got anythink in mind about what u want i could do sumting without mod ships.... and later add mod ships :)
I hate My signature!

I'm looking for experience...
I've been around a little (making my own stuff with RT mod-added voices), and still working on my campaigns (BR and Gundam TC) but those are mostly lead positions and conceptual design. I'm more involved in conversion and texturing at the moment and would like to get a better understanding of Fredding. If you're willing to mentor people then I'm raising my hand (WC is going a little slow and I probably won't be tapped for a while. I initially got signed as a voice actor, but they mentioned basic fredding)...  As for a hidden agenda :rolleyes:
"I could tell you, but then..." :blah:
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Sounds good as long as you`re planning to stick around :) Have you actually done the Fred walkthrough that comes with FS2? That's basically the minimum requirement. if you`ve done that and you`re still here send me your e-mail address and I`ll get back to you with the secret stuff.

I remeber trying fred when FS2 first came out and saying (what the hell is this!)... Then 2 years later feeling stupid cause the help Doc was right there all along and I never looked in it! :wtf:

I went through it once to get the general idea of FRED and then occasionally looked at it again to figure out some stuff they didn't make very clear (like why sometimes X works and then Y messes up?) ect... I think the doc could/should be re-written with the newbie in mind (with sidebars for the pros).

If you're still interested then all you need to know is in my sig below... ;)  I gotta go blow up Ent-E again so L8tr!!!
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Okay. You`re in. I think that gives us enough FREDders :)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Need someone to do weapons? Thats something I could do.

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
Originally posted by Deepblue
Need someone to do weapons? Thats something I could do.

Thanks, Deepblue.  Your offer has given me some ideas.  Let me talk to Karajorma and we'll get back to you.
If a man walks in the desert and speaks where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
ima hang out in this forum from now on