Author Topic: Hurry up  (Read 5630 times)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
BD and Kv1at have done an excellent job getting through Episode 1, and are nearly done with Episode 2.

We hired a lot of beta testers, half of them never posted, and these two are the only ones who continued to test after five missions or so.

I want to start a recruitment drive as soon as Ep2 is finished. (which may be several weeks down the road)

Then there's the testing of Ep3, tweaking the mods/doing voiceover, assemblage, and then a final runthrough.

Fortunately, the final runthrough will be pretty easy. Some final balance tweaking  (to make sure that the HT&L models are balanced the same as the current ones) and making sure that the voiceover events are timed properly.

Included in this is going to be our settling down on what SCP features we want to use.

Things like the 3d shockwaves I've been looking forward to a long time, so in many ways these delays are working to our advantage.

*grumbles about lack of bump-mapping*
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 05:20:19 pm by 72 »
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by High Max

Then why has Icefire been saying that it will be released after beta-testing and in another thread, I thought you guys said that having BWO with full voice acting was unlikely? Then all of a sudden, you guys start saying, "6 months to a year" in just the last week when I think you guys said spring or summer of this year in another thread.

Saying...not really.  I've more been musing off the top of my head really.  

At this point, my involvement is negligable as it is.  I'm too busy and occupied elsewhere and more than a bit burn out.  Kellan lasted a few years on this project, I've lasted twice what he did.  Most of our other original creators are long gone or moved off so I hope you'll understand my feelings.

The entire team makes the final call on when we're done and at what point we get to say that its all done.

Nonetheless, Ace, BD, kv1at, and a few others have been making some stunning progress.  They spend quite a bit of time editing each mission for playability, story, grammar, content, believability, and asethetic appeal.  Its alot of stuff to do but its coming along really well but it takes alot of time.

When its done...it will be probably the best tested large scale FS2 campaign you've played.  Maybe we'll be able to enlist the support of more modders to also help ensure that we're also one of the better looking and that we show off some of the best features that SCP has to offer.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Can you update the status meter. well be nice were you boys are going:bump:
Partolling outside Babylon 5 and looking for a beautiful space.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
This thread serves no purpose.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock