Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 848799 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
1) Snail's not in the INF SCP. I'm not in that team, either. And Woomeister isn't going to release separate models;

2) I'm glad to notice that someone wants more Shivan firepower in battle. Expecially after reading some very stupid comments.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Just because they have 80 Saths doesn't mean they have to have something bigger. The Saths could have been their ultimate fleet.

But I like to go with the theory that the Shivans have 1000 juggernauts, 300 super juggernauts and 10 Gargants... ;)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Just because they have 80 Saths doesn't mean they have to have something bigger. The Saths could have been their ultimate fleet.

NOT HERE. This is the Inferno Forum!

But I like to go with the theory that the Shivans have 1000 juggernauts, 300 super juggernauts and 10 Gargants... ;)

How can their fleet be so poor? No way!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
100000 jugs, 30000 superjugs and 1000 Gargants then. p4wnsome. Not even the ******s could defeat them if they tried :D.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Uh? According to you, they have nothing that exceeds Gargant specifications? :wtf:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
100000 jugs, 30000 superjugs, 1000 Gargants and 100 OMGWTFBBQSALAD ships.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
2) I'm glad to notice that someone wants more Shivan firepower in battle. Expecially after reading some very stupid comments.

This is not only my preference (1st - the Sath looks like one fat bettle; 2nd - I like good space battles and I like to do them without über-ships) but the story of WotW demands a paradigma change in the shivan tactics...

I'll try to get Woomeister for a word - he has been helpful in the past
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I don't know....

Try to keep your "borrowing" secret or everyone will request models :blah:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I doubt Woo will give it to him.

And if he does, it's unfair, and Woo will have to give it to everyone.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Correct.

There are ships like Axem's Lamia which are free to use.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline 0rph3u5

Try to keep your "borrowing" secret or everyone will request models :blah:

if we get a deal done I'll...
and INFSCP will be out faster than WotW I guess (with the luck we are having about the C.s)
(I would not need to borrow stuff there would someone coming to our aid  :mad: :mad: --- I have searched for a modeller on various occasions and I didn't find anyone)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
As I said, there are plenties of models like Axem's Lamia. They're a fine addition to the Shivan fleet.

The Lamia is a nice anti-fighter platform, for example...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The LamiaRed is pretty formidable too.

Offline 0rph3u5

Where? Tell me where?

Here is the ships we have got for the shivans in WotW
(FS 2 fighters)
+ SF Gorgon
+ SF Familiar (tiny fagile looking interceptor - fighter beam deployment planed)
(FS 2 bombers)
(FS 2 cruisers)
+ SC Lamia (with steped up anti-cruiser abilities
SCv Moloch
SD Demon (Hemeroc variant; more hitpoints, better turret arment)
SD Ravana
SSD Lucifer (Aamon/Paktai variant; better turret arment)
SJ Tzulan (SCa Shiamak with different textures)

-bomber-, fighter- and cruiser-selection is complete-

==================

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hemeroc? Aamon? Paktai? What are these variants?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I have never heard of them before.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Neither hast I.

Offline 0rph3u5

What are these variants?

tbl-changes resulting in better weapons (and in the chase of the Hemeroc in better hitpoints)
they were named after the ships they will be used on

the Aamon was the Lucifer in the WotW-prologue
Spoiler:
the Hemeroc is a SD Demon which travels with the Tzulan and defends it - although it needs little defense
the Paktai (actually the name is written with an i which has two dots on it) is a Lucifer which is the one-ship-advance-fleet of the Tzulan)

==================

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
One moment, were these ships mentioned in a thread? Someone posted some basic schemes and asked for a modeller, right?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline 0rph3u5

One moment, were these ships mentioned in a thread? Someone posted some basic schemes and asked for a modeller, right?

As first attempt to get a modeler I posted the basic concepts for the Tzulan before it became a SCa Shiamak (it was supposed to be a SSD at that time, looked very much like a ravana) and the SC Qwor-class cruiser (which at that time was supposed to be a mobile shield generator with little arament - now it was phrased out)

there were a lot useless comments of the ships design but no modeler ever took up the work - as result kzinti and I made some attempts to model but it resulted in two catastrophies

==================