Author Topic: On the GTD Hades  (Read 22953 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
You idiot, you kill Terrans in that mission too. It's called a cover-up. Leave. No. Witnesses.

*facepalm*

The reason behind that attack is related to the GTI's thoughts on the TV alliance.

Wasn't the GTI though, it was GTA pilots.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
*facepalm*

Sorry, I was confused.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
I dunno if I did something different, but the Hades mission is slow, and boring. I just tuck myself away and blast at the Hades. Nothing touches me. Fighters can't get me, and I just fly out to rearm when I need to. I log about 20 kills getting to my safe spot, but then I really just blast the curious Loki that flies by. It's a good mission to build your Admiral, I guess.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
It is slow, azile. You're not doing anything wrong.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
What would you expect? you're single-handedly taking down a superdestroyer.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I know. And it requires a huge suspension of disbelief.

I can understand it happening in the Colony Wars games. but FreeSpace? No Frakkin' Way!
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
You could fly around the Hades shooting and saying "OI OI OI". :lol:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I know. Its ridiculous. Too much like colony wars. At least in that case, its understandable.

Word is that ST:R uber revamps this mission

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
In Colony Wars there are immensely powerful primaries that allow the player to take down major ships...in FS the player can only rely on limited secondaries...that's why it's weird...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I always thought it was because of the limits on the game engine. That it was more suited to Dog-fighting than anti-capital ships fights.

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline Snail

• SC 5
In Colony Wars there are immensely powerful primaries that allow the player to take down major ships...in FS the player can only rely on limited secondaries...that's why it's weird...
Remember, in INFSCP bombers have the PAC system which allows them to damage capships even when their bombs are depleted. And the EA have the Sniper...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
We're not discussing INF SCP here... :wtf:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Still, thought it might be interesting to bring it up.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It's not interesting.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It's not interesting.
You're not interesting either.

EDIT

On another note, there was a secret "Railgun" weapon in FS1 that was commented out. It was extraordinarily powerful. Could this be used in the final mission to kill the Hades?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 06:52:22 am by Snail »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Well, the Railguns from INFA or BP might give you an idea...

I actually tried the Railgun once in ST on FSPort. What it does is shoot two needle-like things at the speed of light in a straight line. If they hit, they do huge amounts of damage, but because they're so thin, it's difficult to see where they're going (worse than, what was that, the EA RFT of INFR1, I think). :nervous:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Still, thought it might be interesting to bring it up.

Why? The PAC system is something I'm really excited for! I hope you guys don't cut it.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Yeah. Railguns would cut it. Which is why the Maxim should be allowed to to damage to Cap-ships. - It's for all intents and purposes a rail-gun. I dont give a flying @#^< what the Tech description says. Its a Railgun, thus a slug Shooter (projectile weapon). Since the uranium slugs are magnetically propelled, the Maxim will have an enormous range, far beyond that of most energy weapons, despite what TrashMan says.

Also, I think that as a projectle weapon, it should have an ammo gauge. I really think that future open builds should resurrect the Maxim Ammo Counter from earlier builds.

Anyway, here's hoping that ST:R finally gives a use for the secret rail gun.

@AE, the reson they are so small, is because they are essentially Bullets, not balls of superheated plasma

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Yeah. Railguns would cut it. Which is why the Maxim should be allowed to to damage to Cap-ships. - It's for all intents and purposes a rail-gun. I dont give a flying @#^< what the Tech description says. Its a Railgun, thus a slug Shooter (projectile weapon). Since the uranium slugs are magnetically propelled, the Maxim will have an enormous range, far beyond that of most energy weapons, despite what TrashMan says.

Also, I think that as a projectle weapon, it should have an ammo gauge. I really think that future open builds should resurrect the Maxim Ammo Counter from earlier builds.

Admiral Khafre does note that it behaves like a mass driver. And keep in mind that the ballistic ammo gauge was never a feature in retail. :v: probably described the Maxim as a "energy weapon that behaves like a mass driver" for this reason, and to offset, they gave the Maxim huge energy requirements.

The earliest form of a rudimentary weapon of mass in retail came from INFR1 in the form of the Hurricane missile.

the reson they are so small, is because they are essentially Bullets, not balls of superheated plasma

Well, then it ought to be a weapon of mass that consumes ammo, not nuclear fusion. ;)
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
EDIT

On another note, there was a secret "Railgun" weapon in FS1 that was commented out. It was extraordinarily powerful. Could this be used in the final mission to kill the Hades?

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/GTW_Railgun

60 damage per second doesn't seem "extraordinarily powerful". Its pretty good though.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================