Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Silent Threat: Reborn

SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]

<< < (168/168)

Antares:
The Orff is in a poor position to hit the Hades.

When the Orff jumps in, it targets a specific laser turret on one of the Hades's "wings." After this turret is destroyed, the Orff adjusts its aim to hit the turrets on the Hades's rear engines. However, the Orff doesn't move after it jumps in, so it isn't actually in range to hit either of these turrets, and just shoots fruitlessly in their general direction, pew-pew-pew.

The Orff does eventually move once the Hades enters its final phase, but by this time, the Hades is seconds from being destroyed, so it doesn't much matter.

Goober5000:
The arrival position of the Orff wasn't chosen so the Orff could hit the Hades, but rather so the Hades could hit the Orff.  It's within the line of fire of one of the beam turrets.

The Orff does have the ai-chase "Hades" order, but this doesn't always mean the ships will move.  My guess is that Volition's AI code found a stable equilibrium where the Orff just parked in one spot.

There is always the option of setting up a waypoint path.  If you feel like opening FRED and creating a path, and it works well, I'll add it to the mission.

QuakeIV:
Any idea what the music is for the intro cutscene?  Some youtube video claims its wentz, and it sounds like wentz, but I literally cant find out anything else about it (i also eventually messaged wentz a couple months ago but he did not reply).

I will enable notifications for this topic so if you see this a million years from now feel free to reply.

Antares:

--- Quote from: QuakeIV on December 23, 2021, 01:38:51 am ---Any idea what the music is for the intro cutscene?  Some youtube video claims its wentz, and it sounds like wentz, but I literally cant find out anything else about it (i also eventually messaged wentz a couple months ago but he did not reply).

I will enable notifications for this topic so if you see this a million years from now feel free to reply.

--- End quote ---

That's Freespace 2 - Debriefing 3 (mission failure), which is definitely Dan Wentz's work.

QuakeIV:

--- Quote from: Antares on December 23, 2021, 02:12:07 am ---
--- Quote from: QuakeIV on December 23, 2021, 01:38:51 am ---Any idea what the music is for the intro cutscene?  Some youtube video claims its wentz, and it sounds like wentz, but I literally cant find out anything else about it (i also eventually messaged wentz a couple months ago but he did not reply).

--- End quote ---

That's Freespace 2 - Debriefing 3 (mission failure), which is definitely Dan Wentz's work.

--- End quote ---

Well that was surprisingly expedient.  Thanks man.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version