Designed for Zathras, might still work without it though.
Requires a recent nightly build (3.6.11).
This is just a mini-mod with the following features:
1. Almost all fighters can glide now. The only exceptions are Minbari, Vorlon, and Shadow fighters, since they apparently use a different "gravimetric" drive system.
2. All fighters that glide also use newtonian dampening.
3. All ships with sidethrust have their sidethrust velocity doubled.
4. New AI features are enabled: AI fighters will use glide in dogfights and against capital ships, and will use sidethrust more often.
5. New glide features are used, for more intuitive and consistent gliding.
I've been playing TBP with these settings for a while, and so far it hasn't seemed to make any missions too easy or too hard. It does, IMHO, make them more fun.
All ships are more nimble and dangerous.
3.6.11 Inferno build based off of r5644 here. Download here