Author Topic: Call to Testing  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
For Antipodes 5 Redux.

We need either the provided executable and the test package or a local compile and execute with the test package to confirm feature functionality. This is for LINUX platforms.

This needs to be done to determine if PNG is viable for Trunk prior to the RC roll-outs for 3.6.12 or if it get's delayed until after.

Because there are any number of incidental factors involved and because the number of Linux Project Managers we have (read: we don't have one) it is still in question whether or not the feature actually works as intended, and I'd rather not have it in if it doesn't work right.

Bear in mind, that even if you don't plan on ever using the file format your self, if somebody makes it available, I'd rather it not cause a problem later for someone else.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:02:51 pm by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Edit: For those of you on MACs, libpng 1.2.42 contains (as version 1.2.40 doesn't which is what is currently sitting commit) an xcode project file.

So having somebody scour that to determine if we need any of it's information applied to the Antipodes xcode project file before it goes into Trunk would be nice to have.
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.

Offline Echelon9

For Mac, see here. Current files in Antipodes branch are fine.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
I know they are fine. But as the version of libppng I was originally handed was a version that did not have a libpng mad xcode project file, I would just like a quick double check that we don't actually need anything in said xcode file, if only because it would be highly embarrassing to discover an issue later that might be preventable now.

Unless your post is to indicate that you've just done so, and that we're still fine as we were before.

¤[D+¬>

Offline Echelon9

I know they are fine. But as the version of libppng I was originally handed was a version that did not have a libpng mad xcode project file, I would just like a quick double check that we don't actually need anything in said xcode file.
I took a look through the libpng Xcode project file in the 1.2.42 release at libpng.org. Nothing of concern for us, we use the same approach to build libpng.a in Antipodes.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Just tested it out on Mac OS 10.5.8--both the replacement png interface stuff and Hery's post processing work great.  Card is an ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT if that's important.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Sorry, I forgot to specify Linux distro's, as it seems to not currently working with the test packages.

¤[D+¬>