Author Topic: MindGames isn't dead...  (Read 41601 times)

Offline Roanoke

Re: MindGames isn't dead...
*cough*seeds of rebellion*cough* lol
Fury has basically summed up my attitude. Diaspora takes up large swathes of my free time and what time it doesn't take up is spent on coding.

That said I still haven't forgotten about MindGames and I definitely want to do it. Currently my intention is to rebuild the team and get everyone working again as soon as R1 of Diaspora is out. Hopefully that isn't as far away as it sounds. :D

I suspect we'll probably take a leaf out of Blue Planet's book and make everything based on publicly available mods. We were previously going for about 80-90% community released stuff anyway (MG was always about the storyline and not the mods).

The big issue is how much of the previously FREDded content will still stand up today. I know that a couple of the missions will probably be okay with minor tweaks but a few will probably need to be completely re-FREDded to bring them up to 2010 standards.

So yeah, definitely not dead. Not on hiatus much longer too hopefully. :p

*cough*seeds of rebellion*cough* lol

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Well, Diaspora R1 isn't out, so it's too early to say anything.

I'd be happy to come back to MG if it gets resurrected. (Note that I technically never left it. :P)
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Like I said, I'm waiting for R1 to be out before resurrecting MG.

Seeds is the project I'd work on once both are out.

Good to hear you're still available TopAce. :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:48:58 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Roanoke

Do I recall MG celebrating 50% completion in the highlights some years ago ? Or did I just dream that ?

Offline starlord

mindgames looks intriguing enough... I would certainly be interested in seeing it advance! thanks kara, those news are precious!

I suppose you will still drop the mercury affair though?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yeah. I killed The Mercury Affair when I decided that it was far too amateurish for my liking.

Pity as it had some nice ideas but on top of everything else I completely wrote myself into a box on that one. I could come up with any way for the bad guys to lose at all. :p

Offline starlord

Can you remind us of the custom models mindgames uses? I think I spotted the aten 2 and the apophis out there, correct?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
To be honest, given the jump in quality of FS mods in the last few years. I'd probably have to think about replacing several mods with newer ones that are much prettier.

We still intend to use off the shelf mods almost exclusively though.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Yeah. I killed The Mercury Affair when I decided that it was far too amateurish for my liking.

Pity as it had some nice ideas but on top of everything else I completely wrote myself into a box on that one. I could come up with any way for the bad guys to lose at all. :p

Why not have the badguys win? :nervous: