Author Topic: B5 - Star Fury Pilot...  (Read 13190 times)

Offline Slasher

Re: B5 - Star Fury Pilot...
If the mission seems to drag without any events taking place, for no apparent reason, and there's nothing to indicate whether you've succeeded or failed, chances are there's something up in the scripting.  I'm not sure I ever played Infestation so at this point you've got a better idea of what's up than I do. :)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Infestation is a pretty old campaign.  It predates 3.4b so if it works at all it's borderline miracle.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline wesp5

Infestation is a pretty old campaign.  It predates 3.4b so if it works at all it's borderline miracle.

Maybe I can look into the script and find out what goes wrong. BTW, I'm now through with updating MAGs Star Fury Pilot missions. I even managed to include the cool try-to-escape ending of Twilight Struggle from vidmasters great Dark Children mini campaign into the appropriate mission :)! It's not guaranteed with the random fight, but most of the time it should happen correctly. I think I will upload the whole patch to FileFront tomorrow, so you experts can check it out!

Update: My unofficial patch for the Babylon 5 Star Fury Pilot missions is now available from here:

http://www.filefront.com/17350445/b5sfpup10.zip
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:44:11 am by wesp5 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Although I finally managed to get the fleet to deploy the breaching pods by setting their $Departure Cue: ( false ) , they appear to soon and don't move. Also although all enemies have been destroye, neither the two objectives to do so grey out, nor the mission ends and I can't see the error.

The problem here is that if the departure cue becomes true before the arrival cue the ship will never appear in the mission. You simply had to ensure that this didn't happen. Setting it to false rather brute forced the issue. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline wesp5

The problem here is that if the departure cue becomes true before the arrival cue the ship will never appear in the mission. You simply had to ensure that this didn't happen. Setting it to false rather brute forced the issue. :D

Yeah, I fixed that in a working way in the meantime ;). Also Shaun mailed me and gave me permission to update his Star Fury Pilot and Earth Brakiri War packs. So in case you want something more compact for DVD 2.0 I might look into repacking the whole thing, but right now I'm happy with the current "unofficial patch" solution :)!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Glad to here you have MAG's support to do the updates.  Moving this to public development then.

First thing before releasing anything is to put the missions up for beta testing and get some feedback.  There are probably more bugs then what you have found and of course the possibility you created some new ones. 

As for when release time comes I'm not sure what the best way to proceed would be.  One of the bad habit carry overs from the original install was placing mission/campaign VPs right in the root TBP directory.  Updating the VP and put it back there would result in not being able to play with the old 3.6.9 builds which is something we try to avoid.  Believe it or not there are still people out there using the old 3.6.9 DirectX builds.  Another possibility would be to just pack the missions in a MAG.VP and put them in Zathras.  As fixes they qualify for being located there.  The third option is creating a mod directory for the campaigns and putting the fixed vp's there.  I guess it will all come down to how many missions are changed. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline wesp5

First thing before releasing anything is to put the missions up for beta testing and get some feedback.

I already did this, check out the FileFront link above :)!

As for when release time comes I'm not sure what the best way to proceed would be.

Right now I have just the fs2 files in the patch archive.

Another possibility would be to just pack the missions in a MAG.VP and put them in Zathras.

That could be an option in case I fix his other packs too!