Author Topic: Snow Leopard and Xcode 3.2.x development notes  (Read 17368 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Snow Leopard and Xcode 3.2.x development notes
Supposedly Taylor had 64bit building working on Linux for quite some time as well, I think.  So OS X probably didn't need much else.  Windows though is another story I think.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yep, just tried it today. There are a bunch of conversion warnings, and at least one instance where no conversion is possible (ADDRESS64 vs DWORD64)
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
The conversion warnings are on 32bit too, if you're using the newer GCC with more warnings by default.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

I've recompiled with a new svn checkout. It compiled without complaint, needing no more than a fixed .xcodeproject & the correct libs (No deprecation errors!). I've zipped the Xcode directory http://www.mediafire.com/file/3lmzwmz5yo0/Xcode.zip, if anyone wants it. I'm using '/trunk/fs2_open' (Assuming that's the correct one.)

Revision 6076.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Could you provide a diff file?  Just cd to the FS2 SVN root directory in the terminal and then type

Code: [Select]
svn diff > output.diff
(output.diff can be replaced with anything :D)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I already diff'd the xcode project...it's really different.  He's added two configurations for one, not just made existing ones 64bit.

As I only had the libs compiled 64 bit for 10.6 (as opposed to 10.5), I added two extra configs ('Release x86_64' & 'Inferno Release x86_64') along with one new target ('FS2_Open x86_64'), as I didn't know how to make Xcode link with different libs for various configurations.

I'm not aware as to whether building/linking 10.6 has any advantages over 10.5, but if someone could build Ogg, Vorbis, Theora, & SDL PPC/i386/x86_64 on 10.5, the .xcodeproject could be greatly simplified compared to what I did.

Offline Echelon9

[First post updated to reflect resolution of all remaining substantive issues with Xcode 3. Work has commenced on transition to Xcode 4 (released during March 2011).

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I wouldn't plan on updating anything in SVN to Xcode 4 any time soon.  I certainly don't know if I'm going to be paying for a Mac IDE any time soon.  If anything else, I guess having two projects would be ok, if Xcode 4 projects aren't compatible with Xcode 3.

Offline Echelon9

I wouldn't plan on updating anything in SVN to Xcode 4 any time soon.  I certainly don't know if I'm going to be paying for a Mac IDE any time soon.  If anything else, I guess having two projects would be ok, if Xcode 4 projects aren't compatible with Xcode 3.
Yes, there will be an Xcode 3 project file option for a while to come.