Author Topic: Point Me In The Right Direction  (Read 1774 times)

Point Me In The Right Direction
Hey everyone!
I played Freespace as a kid right when it came out on my old desktop that ran Windows 98. Now I'm a college student at Berklee College of Music and I have a MacBook Pro and I want to play Freespace but I'm not exactly the most computer savvy outside music software and digital sequencing. I have Freespace 1 + Silent threat and Freespace 2 20th Aniversary Interplay Edition. I also still have the ancient desktop but I'm not sure how I can install and play all the Freespace games on my Macbook, I know that I won't have all the controls since I don't have a full keyboard but I'm not too worried about that. I just miss seeing the Lucifer own everything lol. If anyone can help me out, step by step that would be awesome!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Point Me In The Right Direction
Right. First thing to do would be to install FS2 using a Windows machine. The FreeSpace 2 directory then needs to be copied (in its entirety) to the Mac. Then you have to get the FSOInstaller from here. Point it at the copied FS2 directory, and let it install "The Works". The Installer will then proceed to download several gigabytes worth of moddy goodness, including the MediaVPs (aka graphical upgrades for FS2) and the FSPort (Which ports the FS1 campaign to FS2). Also included is Silent Threat: Reborn, which is a remake of Silent Threat, only with an actual story and missions that are actually good.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns