Author Topic: ship listing?  (Read 7975 times)

Offline starlord

Hi devrous!

Just wondering if you could include a ship listing of all the designs you plan to implement in the FS2H mod... Unless you wish to keep the element of surprise...

Some pics of covenant ships would also be nice! ;7

Offline Devrous

• SPARTAN-151
  • RAMPANT AI
    • FS2H
Ships

Digging back into some of my more ancient posts, this info is still good:

I've modelled 63 ships as of this moment, and most of those are human I think...

Yes, 11 are Covenant, 3 are niether, and the rest are good 'ol fashion hu-mon. I have several "Chapters" planned, each one their own release, and each one dealing with a different time, subject, and even race. Chapter One will be "Colonial Unrest." It takes place in the 2490's and deals with the biggest insurrection in UNSC history (untill the 2550's  presented in the books, that is). Chapter Two will be in the 2520+ range.

And as far as Covenant models...

Covenant Basic Models

Dropship (Halo:CE)

Seraph (Halo Series)

Original Corvette Concept

Original Frigate Concept (perhaps to be replaced by the one in Reach and the model used for something else)

Original Destroyer Concept

Battlecruiser (Halo Series)

Assault Carrier (Halo Series)

Offline Devrous

• SPARTAN-151
  • RAMPANT AI
    • FS2H
I'll work on compiling the list for a forum post. It's in my tables and the Tech Room but oddly enough I never kept a list elsewhere  :ick:

Hmmmm...

Speaking of which, here's an old vid that ran through the tech room. You should be able to read the ship-class names from it, actually! Some of them have changed since then and it isn't all of the ships but it will help give you a scope of how many I've done so far. Also keep in mind I did all of them myself in Blender so they aren't perfect.

http://files3.bungie.org/fs2hships06.avi

Offline starlord

Looks really good! Did you say at some point that you also had forerunner stuff?

Offline Devrous

• SPARTAN-151
  • RAMPANT AI
    • FS2H
Yes, I did dabble in some Forerunner structures to be used here and there. High Charity did have a Forerunner "base ship" in the middle of it after all!

I'd recommend picking up Halo: Cryptum if you haven't already read it and have the inclination to do so. Fairly short yet quality read, and some incredibly useful insights into Forerunner ships and architecture.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Devrous

• SPARTAN-151
  • RAMPANT AI
    • FS2H
Already got it! Picked up a copy when Borders was going out of business. Very interesting take on them indeed.

Offline starlord

any other models you plan on including? You once mentionned that huge terran colony ship and the reach saber and corvette...

Offline Devrous

• SPARTAN-151
  • RAMPANT AI
    • FS2H
Yes, I'm still working on a good UNSC Colony Ship model (i.e. Spirit of Fire) and the Sabre from Reach. For the Covenant I still need the corvette that appeared in Reach and the Phantom dropship that was used heavily in Halo 2 and 3. I've completed 4 Forerunner designs that I'm happy with even if they aren't all "ships." In total there are about 70 ship types so I'm in no rush to add to it honestly! Of course I'm always on the lookout for anything new from the franchise. Halo 4 looks to be heading the way of either more Forerunner madness or perhaps one of their enemies from looooooooooooong ago. Who knows! Still, if they're smart the people in charge of continuing the Haloverse will recognize that very few sci-fi games or shows based on an intense battle between two sides survives the introduction of a third without very, very careful and fresh reasons for it.

Offline Devrous

• SPARTAN-151
  • RAMPANT AI
    • FS2H
Two new human ships have been added today! A heavy fighter/gunship (Enforcer-class) and a sleek transport (Canis-class). Both are non-canon and original designs but they fill roles that I felt were missing during mission design. Also, I wanted to further highlight the difference between the aged ship designs the rebels have access to and the newer, sleeker ships the UNSC can afford. Much like modern wars of the last century, variety of combat vehicle designs is greater before a large conflict. I imagine that when the Covenant arrived the UNSC would switch from R&D and variety to mostly mass production of the best all-around designs, hence why we only see Longswords during the Human-Covenant War.

Enforcer

Canis

Design is partially complete on the Covenant corvette seen in Reach. Covenant ships are tricky to model in comparison as take a bit longer. Also, there is one more human ship I'm finishing up for ONI - sort of a stealth fighter which seems fitting for the cloak-and-dagger organization.

More as it comes!  ;)

Offline starlord

Now that is quite awesome sir!

Offline starlord

Pity! It would seem your new designs are not getting much attention!Have you considered portraying them in a "freespace modding" thread, or in the celebration of freespace thread? this could help loads!

Offline Devrous

• SPARTAN-151
  • RAMPANT AI
    • FS2H
not getting much attention

True. I suppose I could start by making FS2H content more accessible to a larger audience. Hmmm...

Fix'd  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydSmg1aye6o

Offline starlord

nice! I recall that one from the moddb page!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Nice to see a few moving pictures, buuuuut it seems you're using retail explosions and the 3.6.8z MVP warp. y u do dis?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Devrous

• SPARTAN-151
  • RAMPANT AI
    • FS2H
Check the video after that, the "tour." It has the newer effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiDqfgrk7oc

Offline starlord

this last one's very nice! I like the song! however, there's serious lag caused by the mac guns effects!